New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Mga gurus pls help.

i hav a 1997 corolla xl and from the time i got the car 10 yrs ago palakas ng palakas sa gas.

so i later decided na lpg nalang gawin but nw nagloloko na i have to tune it every once in 2 months. and the carb seems to be broken so am opting to have a efi installed.

carb itself new one would cost me arnd 15k.

how about efi anybody has an idea?

fyi. umaandar naman ngayn n ok pa makina. carb problem lang d ko na kc magamit with gas.

tnx

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    You need a computer box and a lot of sensors, might cost you minimum of P60,000 and efi would fail if you use lpg.

Kaya lumakas yan eh malamang wear and tear na ng cylinders or valves.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung icoconvert mo rin lang yung 2E mo from carb to EFI, might as well just change the engine to an EFI unit like the 4E-FE.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    sir's

tnx! another question if i got a 4efe is it possible to just swap everything but retain the block andun kc ung engine no.

having paper problems w/ this car

tnx

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kchan View Post
    Mga gurus pls help.

i hav a 1997 corolla xl and from the time i got the car 10 yrs ago palakas ng palakas sa gas.

so i later decided na lpg nalang gawin but nw nagloloko na i have to tune it every once in 2 months. and the carb seems to be broken so am opting to have a efi installed.

carb itself new one would cost me arnd 15k.

how about efi anybody has an idea?

fyi. umaandar naman ngayn n ok pa makina. carb problem lang d ko na kc magamit with gas.

tnx

The problem of increasing gas consumption sounds like you have worn out valve seals.

Given it's getting old and older, why not have the engine checked before doing anything else? It would be pointless to modify a broken engine because it will still be broken after you modify it.

Alternatively, you might be able to get a 4AFE with computer box for under P20K (without tranny) at the surplus shops.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by reym View Post
    You need a computer box and a lot of sensors, might cost you minimum of P60,000 and efi would fail if you use lpg.

Not true. I have a Corolla GLi. It's EFI system is still running well after years of using LPG.

The trick is to disable the fuel pump whenever you are using LPG. This prevents stress on the pump and other gasoline related parts like hoses.

2e carb to efi