New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    Hello fellow tsikoteers! Just recently got our new Montero Sport 2017 GLS A/T. I've been listening to the engine while driving and there seems to be some sort of whirring or spooling sound at around 800 - 1.1k rpm (not really sure if it's the turbo at work here and I'm just being paranoid). I also feel slight vibrations at the gas pedal whenever I hear the strange noise. Any idea what seems to be the problem? (if any) All pieces of advice would be gladly appreciated. Cheers!

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben7736 View Post
    Hello fellow tsikoteers! Just recently got our new Montero Sport 2017 GLS A/T. I've been listening to the engine while driving and there seems to be some sort of whirring or spooling sound at around 800 - 1.1k rpm (not really sure if it's the turbo at work here and I'm just being paranoid). I also feel slight vibrations at the gas pedal whenever I hear the strange noise. Any idea what seems to be the problem? (if any) All pieces of advice would be gladly appreciated. Cheers!
    Anong sabi or update dito?

I noticed na parang ganyan din na nag bago ang rpm ko from 600 to 900 then 600 or 700 kahit hindi pa naka on ac ko

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DA using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    sir share ko lang, yung unit namin minsan nagkaka ganyan. sa 1k rpm lumalabas yung sound pag naka on yung aircon at mainit ang ambient temp. nireklamo ko nung nag 5k kms pms last december sa diamond motors fairview at sabi ng service advisor eh normal lang daw yun. tinest din namin yung isang 2016 unit at meron ganung sound. after nun eh hinayaan ko na lang. 15k kms na unit namin eh ok pa naman.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Thanks for the input Sir Bogart. I just find the whirring sound and vibration at the pedal to be weird considering brand new yung sasakyan. I don't experience this with our family's other new Diesel SUV. Called up our Service Advisor earlier to ask about it and he told me that it was normal with the AC on. Anyways, I'll still have the weird noise and pedal vibration checked this coming Friday.

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    Thanks for the input Sir Bogart. I just find the whirring sound and vibration at the pedal to be weird considering brand new yung sasakyan. I don't experience this with our family's other new Diesel SUV. Called up our Service Advisor earlier to ask about it and he told me that it was normal with the AC on. Anyways, I'll still have the weird noise and pedal vibration checked this coming Friday.
    Tell me what they will say about it. Im also kind of nervous about this sound abd erratic changes in my montero

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by kent98 View Post
    Tell me what they will say about it. Im also kind of nervous about this sound abd erratic changes in my montero

Sure thing Sir Kent! Will post all details here after my trip to the casa on Friday

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    other new diesel suv? which one?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    other new diesel suv? which one?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Toyota Fortuner

9. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Toyota Fortuner
    Would your fort happen to be a 2016/2017 model?

Also observe this low rpm sort of a faint whistling noise when the engine bay is opened(have posted about this in the fort thread). Don't observe this on our millenium starex. Sounds like it has something to do woth the air flow from the fan to the engine. . . Not really sure though . .. still waiting for it to near 5k kms before I head back again to manila

10. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mcoy123 View Post
    Would your fort happen to be a 2016/2017 model?

Also observe this low rpm sort of a faint whistling noise when the engine bay is opened(have posted about this in the fort thread). Don't observe this on our millenium starex. Sounds like it has something to do woth the air flow from the fan to the engine. . . Not really sure though . .. still waiting for it to near 5k kms before I head back again to manila
    Yes sir it is. 2nd Gen Forty. Engine bay is opened? Like with the safety locked released and the hood is upright?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
2017 Mitsubishi Montero Sport low rpm noise