New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by PJC
    I did it sa coastal, i thought i was stupid though.
    Nabasa ko yun as a reply to a maintenance and repair topic eh, the guy who replied is a mechanic and said that the car he recieved for checkup after he checked and repaired it, he ran it * 200kph once in a while to "decarbonize" it.

I guess I'll just use carb cleaners and other spray stuff..

sa akin lang ha?
    hahayaan ko ng puro carbon and madumi yung makina ko...pero buhay naman ako...

life is too precious para maging kapalit lang ng clean engine.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    it is what is called the "ferrari tune up". pedal to the metal all the way tune up. the guys at ferrari do it, hence the name. they say it works, cleaning not only the exhaust but also any deposits in the valves, pistons and cylinder head. so i do it once in a while but not really 200 kph but just almost to the red line of the engine, say put it in 3rd gear only. i do it at nlex and just keep it under 120 kph. and since my car is a/t then under 120 kph at 5500-6000 rpm means 3rd gear (invecs II kasi, pag 4th gear e 3200 rpm lang ang abot).

pag naka-neutral hindi pwede since the throttle will be partly open only. in fact you can red line the engine at neutral with the throttle only 1/3 open in most engines. dapat fully open throttle so there will be more exhaust gases to sput out the carbon.
    Tama si sir yebo... don't do this in neutral. Best is a few third gear runs on the highway, and you should also let it decelerate in gear.

Better yet, go to the BRC during track days and RWYB competitions. Ten minutes on track will clean out everything.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    sa akin lang ha?
    hahayaan ko ng puro carbon and madumi yung makina ko...pero buhay naman ako...

life is too precious para maging kapalit lang ng clean engine.

Thanks Happy Gilmore, I'll always keep that in mind.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    ...Better yet, go to the BRC during track days and RWYB competitions. Ten minutes on track will clean out everything.
    ei... sounds good! dapat magpalit muna ako ng brakes...
    Thanks!

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    di ba yong ibang fuel may lahok ng detergents para at the same time panglinis na rin nong dinadaanan nito.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    i'd rather have carbon-filled engine than 'decompose' early.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Why not use formula spray to decarbonize your engine? me im spraying my engine every change oil and sometimes ran at 80kph+ speed..

200kph seems very dangerous.

my question is that when exceeding red line could it be possible for "blown engine" except for neutral?
    Last edited by finchy18; January 20th, 2006 at 03:46 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kung higher octane, mas nakakalinis. Best to do the "Italian Tune-up" with a load of the highest octane you can buy, then switch back to your regular gas afterwards.

*ian_rex, kaya nga third gear lang. Better pa sa track, dahil second and third gear ka lang.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    in my experience, i use high-octane gasoline and fuel injector cleaner from time-to-time. that's the best i could do. :D

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    which fuel would do? afaik, Velocity burns really quick e.. although i really appreciated the performance.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
200kph to decarbonize your engine...