New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi we have a 1991 Lancer GLX 1.5MT. After undergoing Engine overhaul (by our neighbor mechanic) and reconditioning of carburetor (piston type), I noticed that I am doing 2 clicks before the engine starts and hold its running condition compared before when I just do it once. I also notice 'parang hirap yung engine idling sa umpisa'. I checked battries and alternator output but it is ok. The engine is ok, good acceleration, walang usok and I dont know what to check anymore. :giveup:

Any ideas?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Pa tune up mo .. check the spark plug,contact point, timing..rpm no aircon and with aircon...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Actually bago na spark plugs due to change oil. Just to add na rin, may redondo yung first click ko then mamamatay ulit engine. After second click, hirap yung engine hanggang sa uminit tpos ok na sya kahit restart.

Checks:
    Battery output = 12V
    Alternator = 13.6V
    Last edited by Match Box 28; November 18th, 2008 at 03:12 PM. Reason: incomplete

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Match Box 28 View Post
    Actually bago na spark plugs due to change oil. Just to add na rin, may redondo yung first click ko then mamamatay ulit engine. After second click, hirap yung engine hanggang sa uminit tpos ok na sya kahit restart.

Checks:
    Battery output = 12V
    Alternator = 13.6V
    Try to pump up your gas pedal twice before starting...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Good day! my car is a 94 lancer el, previously I had that problem specially during morning engine starting. I also observed that during the initial starting, talagang shaky yung engine na halos mamamatay, so i have to keep a slight push on the accelerator to maintain the right RPM until after a few minutes pag medyo mainit na yung engine pwede na sya bitawan. I found that the problem was due to the defective RPM assist (dont know the exact name of it). It is installed within the carburator in which the water form the radiator passes by, once the device senses that the water coming in are warm, then it pushes or releases the lever that assists the RPM and restores its normal RPM. Usually these parts are corroaded or rusted since water from the radiator passes-by, sometimes you may clean it or sometimes you have to replace the assembly, depende sa lagay nung parts. Hope this will help.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hmmm.. I also thought about the carb. Knalas-kalas kasi sa may Kamuning nung nililinis.

Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    I will also try this one. But what does it indicates to be the problem on doing this?

Thanks for the comments

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post
    yup, i do this also. minsan parang 3 to 4 pumps pa nga. Never pako nakaranas ng one-click-start after a long time na naka park lang ung auto.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    mukhang di naibalik ng maayos yung automatic choke nuong gumawa sa carb ng car mo.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks paptingin ko nalang. San pa ba may Carb experts dito mmla? Ask ko yung Casa before wala na raw sila parts for old Piston Carbs ng lancer. Im also thinking of converting my carb na rin.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    gud day,
    yung sagot po sa pag pump ng 1 - 2 times sa gas pedal before mo i start ay para po pumasok yung gas sa carb. kasi po bk nasakal ng konti ng mechanic yung throttle screw. try to adjust yung screw for throttle kapag 1 click na ayun na ang tamang timpla but observe the rpm dapat nasa tamang level sya kundi lalakas ang fuel consumption mo. in my case mas gusto ko naka sakal ng konti hehehe para tipid sa pag start pa lang.

2 clicks to start