New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    the viscosity rating is rated by the society of automotive engineers and is only based on the oil's ability or resistance to flow and the ability to provide surface tension to stay between the moving parts. also point to consider is the API rating.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/api_mo...ifications.htm

2. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Mga kotse at SUV stick to 5w30 or 10w30 na lang. Kahit adventure at crossswind maganda takbo sa 5w30.

15w40 jurassic na yan pang mga trucktora na lang yan.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    so why does it seem that there is a tendency to lighter oils on today's modern engines?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    so why does it seem that there is a tendency to lighter oils on today's modern engines?
    My guess is tighter tolerances between engine parts and to get better fuel economy.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    Mga kotse at SUV stick to 5w30 or 10w30 na lang. Kahit adventure at crossswind maganda takbo sa 5w30.

15w40 jurassic na yan pang mga trucktora na lang yan.
    Im sticking to motul 10w40, i was at motor image for a free oil change a couple of months back, i asked the service manager what viscosity do they use for the brz, wrx, sti and the forester? he said 5w30 for the non turbo models and 10w40 for the turbo ones, told him that it says on the my oil cap 5w30, his explanation was, the manual and oil cap came directly from japan, they have a much cooler climate, yun daw utos ng head office, i thought he was just giving me a lame excuse, so what i did was changed my HUD to show the engine temp, it was 89c-95c on idle to normal everyday driving, it did went up to 110c when i was doing 230kph on the tplex, it was cold around xmas time, imagine if it was summer, my tractor might overheat.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r2 View Post
    My guess is tighter tolerances between engine parts and to get better fuel economy.
    the oil passageways are so small, thicker oils would have difficulty getting thru them?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Im sticking to motul 10w40, i was at motor image for a free oil change a couple of months back, i asked the service manager what viscosity do they use for the brz, wrx, sti and the forester? he said 5w30 for the non turbo models and 10w40 for the turbo ones, told him that it says on the my oil cap 5w30, his explanation was, the manual and oil cap came directly from japan, they have a much cooler climate, yun daw utos ng head office, i thought he was just giving me a lame excuse, so what i did was changed my HUD to show the engine temp, it was 89c-95c on idle to normal everyday driving, it did went up to 110c when i was doing 230kph on the tplex, it was cold around xmas time, imagine if it was summer, my tractor might overheat.
    Depende sa kotse yan at paano mo gagamitin. Meron mga car na kahit ano rainy season or summer dapat stick sa 5w30 or 10w30 like the tamaraw fx and trooper. Meron ako nakausap lagi daw nasisira turbo nung fx nakatatlo palit na at 15w40 naman daw gamit nya "tamang tama" daw sa temperature sa pinas. Pero nakalagay doon sa oil cap use 5w30 oil. Sabi ko sundin mo malay mo hindi na masira turbo. Ok na daw at nalessen yung usok.

Even the adventure crosswind using 10w30 at 5w30 oil mas maganda performance.

Pero kung ihahataw mo talaga eh gumamit ka 10w40 or 15w40. Pero manila driving at normal highway driving masyado malapot.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    so, kung sa manila lang mostly gagamitin ang sasakyan, mineral oil lang ang kailangang gamitin or lagyan sa makina?

AFAIK, kapag fully synthetic oil ang gagamitin, mga 10k KM ang itatagal nito.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    compare your engine oil with the water in your bath tub. you don't want to soak in it over and over. you will want to change the water as soon as you can

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    10w30 oils can survive the heat in Manila naman.
    Our Commuter uses 15w40 ngayon due to budget limitations. Pero nung 10w30 gamit ko mas tahimik takbo ng engine

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast