New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my crv 2000 model is due for another 10K pms. Nasa 95K kms na ang odo.
    i bought it 2nd hand and after my fisrt pms at 85K, i have added 1 liter of oil with in the 10K span. wala naman tulo ng langis sa ilalim or mixing with water sa radiator or white smoke emission. saan kaya napupunta yung nawawalang oil?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Are you using mineral or synthetic? You can't use mineral oil for a 10k interval.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    baka sir pwede pumupunta na yan sa combustion chamber at nasusunog na din yung oil..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Are you using mineral or synthetic? You can't use mineral oil for a 10k interval.

fully synthetic sir.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by technismo View Post
    baka sir pwede pumupunta na yan sa combustion chamber at nasusunog na din yung oil..
    is it not sir, pag pumunta sa cumbustion chamber at nasunog, it would
    be emiting white smoke sa tail pipe? pero wala naman white smoke emission.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    well it has to go somewhere. you are losing around 25% of engine oil per 10K km. How long po ba bago mo na reach 10K? 8-12 months? if so, around 100 ml of oil per month nawawala sa iyo. Kung sa leaks yun, imposible hindi mo makikita pag accumulate pwera na lang kung monthly e nag papa engine wash ka. so pag hindi sa leak, baka naman sa piston ring na lumulusot. sa hina ng oil consumption kaya baka hindi mo gaano pansin ang bluish smoke.

siguro observe mo na lang muna kung talagang nagbabawas ng langis o kaya naman dalhin mo na sa repair shop. pwede mo ring pa analyze exhaust mo para malaman kung may nasusunog nga bang langis.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rst619 View Post
    well it has to go somewhere. you are losing around 25% of engine oil per 10K km. How long po ba bago mo na reach 10K? 8-12 months? if so, around 100 ml of oil per month nawawala sa iyo. Kung sa leaks yun, imposible hindi mo makikita pag accumulate pwera na lang kung monthly e nag papa engine wash ka. so pag hindi sa leak, baka naman sa piston ring na lumulusot. sa hina ng oil consumption kaya baka hindi mo gaano pansin ang bluish smoke.

siguro observe mo na lang muna kung talagang nagbabawas ng langis o kaya naman dalhin mo na sa repair shop. pwede mo ring pa analyze exhaust mo para malaman kung may nasusunog nga bang langis.
    sir , my last pms was nov 08 so bali 5 months. when i registered the car last march, the smoke emission was perfect & up to now, there's hardly any smoke being observed even in the morning when the engine is cold.
    it's going for another pms so i'll just talk about it with my mechanic since i'm planning to change timing belts na rin. i'm just really puzzled where it's ending up since i've got no slightest idea nor sign. Salamat uli.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A car will naturally drink some oil given the following conditions:

1. Constant high rpm operation.

2. Use in heavy traffic over long periods of time.

3. Hard use while the oil is still cold.

4. Dirty oil, combined with the above-mentioned conditions.

What is the color of your oil? I'm assuming you're checking oil in the morning, when the engine is cold (this is the best time, the oil is all in the bottom of the sump, so measurement is more accurate).

If the oil is dark, and you drive in traffic a lot, maybe you have to change to a shorter interval... or use a better synthetic.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    thanks niky for the info. yup, oil & water checks are sop for me
    in the morning, color is black sa dulo ng dip stick and
    slightly redish sa bandang itaas. i guess the black is because of
    the dirts seating at the bottom when the oil is settled.

not really always on heavy traffic since the normal route
    would be sta rosa - alabang, so mostly hiway. rpm wise,
    would be around 1.5K to barely 3K with most of the time
    at 2K range.

siguro nga it's on the oil since 1st time ko to use petron
    fully synthetic. i'll use honda fully synthetic this time and
    continue to observe. thanks uli!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    k20 po ba ang engine ng crv nyo? i've read dati sa thread which came from speedyfix na normal lang daw magbawas ng oil ang mga k20 engines ng crv.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
1 liter of oil after 10K run