New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Sir, i need some advice/ idea regarding my problem my nissan sentra gx. last week while i was running slow (rush hour traffic) i was surpirsed that the engine suddenly shut down, no check engine light seen before it shut down. it just drops down dead. so i crank it 3x and it wont start, indicator lights on the dash board is same in normal starting, then after 20 seconds i tried to crank it and it did start and run normally. this same scenario happend to me 2 more times, one time i was running fast and it suddenly shuts down. any idea what is the problem? where to check? what to test? thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by danieyoyo View Post
    Sir, i need some advice/ idea regarding my problem my nissan sentra gx. last week while i was running slow (rush hour traffic) i was surpirsed that the engine suddenly shut down, no check engine light seen before it shut down. it just drops down dead. so i crank it 3x and it wont start, indicator lights on the dash board is same in normal starting, then after 20 seconds i tried to crank it and it did start and run normally. this same scenario happend to me 2 more times, one time i was running fast and it suddenly shuts down. any idea what is the problem? where to check? what to test? thanks in advance.
    When was your last change oil sir? Spark plugs? Tune up? Check mo din fuel filter (every 20k ang palit).

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Start first with the basics:
    - Tune-up
    - Clean the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor with electric contact cleaner (this should be done every 10,000kms with the QG engines on the Sentra which are sensitive to dirt).
    - Clean the throttle body
    - Clean the PCV (Positive Crankcase Vent)
    - Check/replace fuel filter if this has not been done in the last 20,000kms.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Start first with the basics:
    - Tune-up
    - Clean the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor with electric contact cleaner (this should be done every 10,000kms with the QG engines on the Sentra which are sensitive to dirt).
    - Clean the throttle body
    - Clean the PCV (Positive Crankcase Vent)
    - Check/replace fuel filter if this has not been done in the last 20,000kms.

all done except with the MAF, PCV Cleaning and fuel filter replacement. ill give updates sir. many thanks

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    have you check the fuel pump? correct me if im wrong but i think electronic na ang fuel pump ng car mo. it could be. pa wala wala na ang signal ng pump. hope this helps.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shelu View Post
    have you check the fuel pump? correct me if im wrong but i think electronic na ang fuel pump ng car mo. it could be. pa wala wala na ang signal ng pump. hope this helps.
    yes sir, but the thing is pag tumirik na ang engine. ill just have to turn the ignition key off then after a few seconds (10-20 seconds) pagstart ko nagstart naman ng normal, meaning gumagana ang pump. thanks sir

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    you might be wrong sir. it could be shortage of fuel supply due to faulty fuel pump. gumagana ang pump kaso, kinakapos ang supply. kung may mahiraman kang electronic fuel pump sa suki mong shop, subukan mo muna trial and error. baka ito nga. it happen to me before, same scenario. hope this helps.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^another sign of a dying fuel pump is the pre-start (engine key "on") hissing sound common on some Nissans (not sure about the N16) is absent or faint before you start the engine.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    ^ if it starts again after a short break it could be a overheating distributor if equipped...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jresperanza View Post
    ^ if it starts again after a short break it could be a overheating distributor if equipped...
    im thinking of the fuel pump relay, but i cant find where it is..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast