New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga sir, bumigay na yung battery ng '09 Jazz 1.3 ko, after just 1 year and 3 months. covered pa ba ito ng warranty? The problem is, nagpalit kasi ako ng horn sometime last 2009, void na ba ang warranty ng original battery? From what i know kasi, the battery has a separate warranty from its manufacturer.

Thanks in advance and Happy new year to all tsikoteers!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chon961 View Post
    mga sir, bumigay na yung battery ng '09 Jazz 1.3 ko, after just 1 year and 3 months. covered pa ba ito ng warranty? The problem is, nagpalit kasi ako ng horn sometime last 2009, void na ba ang warranty ng original battery? From what i know kasi, the battery has a separate warranty from its manufacturer.

Thanks in advance and Happy new year to all tsikoteers!
    May pinalitan ba sa wiring ng horns ng jazz mo kung nirewire yung horn ma vovoid yung warranty ng electricals mo pero kung sa casa mo pinakabit di ma vovoid yan since sa kanila mo naman pinakabit yung sa battery ewan ko lng ilang years ba ang nakalagay sa warranty card ng battery mo kung 1 year lng ok lng na magpalit na battery pero ask your SA first thanks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks sir, sa labas ko pinakabit yung horn, wala namang pinalitan, nilagyan lang ng additional relay yung aftermarket horns. unfortunately wala na yung sa sa dealership..

yung battery, yun yung kasama pa nung auto since it was new.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Any changes on the car will not void the battery warranty, unless there's justifiable reason to suggest that it caused the battery to fail (ie. a major short circuit or if there are structural damage to the battery case like after an accident, etc.) Otherwise, you're pretty much covered. Also, the battery warranty is usually covered by the battery manufacturer directly (ie. Motolite), not the casa. Just present the warranty card when claiming for a replacement.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    stock battery normally with 1 year warranty only. pls check your battery warranty kung ilang months. i believe you can claim warranty directly from the manufacturer.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks for the valuable replies sirs! If I'm not mistaken, the battery that came with the car is made in Thailand, not sure of the brand though..

will post updates!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    may warranty card kasama ang battery. check mo din.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Oo nga pala. Panasonic battery ng Jazz ng bro ko. AFAIK, it came with the car from the Honda assembly plant in Thailand. In which case, our local Honda casa should fulfill warranty claims for the battery. Not sure on this, but I think the battery should come with at least one year warranty from date of delivery of your car.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Oo nga pala. Panasonic battery ng Jazz ng bro ko. AFAIK, it came with the car from the Honda assembly plant in Thailand. In which case, our local Honda casa should fulfill warranty claims for the battery. Not sure on this, but I think the battery should come with at least one year warranty from date of delivery of your car.
    Hello sir,

Yes, panasonic din ang battery ng Jazz ko, unfortunately, lumampas na ang 1 year warranty for the battery. I had it replaced sa Honda Global City din, Motolite Gold, 21 months warranty, P3,200.

Thanks sir!

Will an aftermarket horn void an oem car battery's warranty?