New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    be careful kayo sa pag jumpstart ng EFI cars...baka ma-overload ang ECU ng lakas ng kuryente.

and kung hihingi kayu ng jumpstart, dapat buhay ang mahina ng sasakyan.

nga pala, di pwede kadyutin ang matic, (carb man or EFI/diesel) connected ang starter sa P at N lang.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    the right jumper cable connections are (+) of good battery to (+) of discharged battery, and (-) of good battery to ground point of car with discharged battery, then start the car with the good battery, rev up to around 2000 rpm, then start the car with the dead battery.
    thats what i ment... susmaryosep mali english ko....

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 3sgTe View Post
    kc kahapon po im on my way to san pablo for a meeting tapos along the way lapit na ko sa highway exit bglang ayaw na magstart ng oto ko which is a 2004 revo vx240d (diesel).. ayaw pa rin nya magstart kahit sa kadyo.. does it means na hndi carbureted engine ko?.. di ko po alam yung jumper cables? yun ba yung sinasabi ni lang series? o ishoshort?.. i feel so dumb kahapon..

Thanks sa reply..
    Bro muntik pa tayong magkasabay, papunta din akong San Pablo kahapon for a meeting with our highschool classmates dyan sa san gabriel.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    HERE MY ADVICE TO START YOUR ENGINE WITH JUMP LEADS...

1. Connect one end of the red jump lead to the positive terminal of the other car's battery. (colored red or marked with a P or a+ sign).

2. Connect the other end of the red lead to the positive terminal of the discharged battery.

3. Connect one end of the black lead to the negative terminal of the other battery. (colored Black or marked with an N or a- sign)

4. Connect the other end of the black lead to the cylinder block or some other place where it will be in contact with the negative terminal of the discharged battery.

*NOTE: BATTERY OF THE OTHER CAR SHOULD BE AT THE SAME VOLTAGE.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for the advices and tips!... also for the replies...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jezreel View Post
    Bro muntik pa tayong magkasabay, papunta din akong San Pablo kahapon for a meeting with our highschool classmates dyan sa san gabriel.
    hehe.. oonga.. sayang natulungan mo sana ako.. ehehe and see my dumbness...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Tulak lang =)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Tulak lang =)
    The manufacturers of most modern automobiles prohibits push starting even for manual transmission models. The reason is stated in the manual. Something about wreaking havoc on your emissions control system (?).

For older vehicles, ok lang naman.

Tama yung steps outlined in the earlier post. I jumpstared a dead Ford Lynx last Feb 10 following that procedure.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The manufacturers of most modern automobiles prohibits push starting even for manual transmission models. The reason is stated in the manual. Something about wreaking havoc on your emissions control system (?).

For older vehicles, ok lang naman.

Tama yung steps outlined in the earlier post. I jumpstared a dead Ford Lynx last Feb 10 following that procedure.

yes sir tama po kayo.. even though diesel?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For old school diesels, ok lang. But AFAIK, hindi na din pwede sa mga newer diesels lalo na yung may mga catalytic converters.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What to do in case of battery drain out in the middle of the road??