New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    This morning, our vios acted funny. We were able to disarm the alarm but when we tried to start it, the lights on the dash started flickering then I heard the speakers emit a sound then the alarm started sounding off. It won't start. Has anyone experienced this?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    This morning, our vios acted funny. We were able to disarm the alarm but when we tried to start it, the lights on the dash started flickering then I heard the speakers emit a sound then the alarm started sounding off. It won't start. Has anyone experienced this?
    the culprit may be the immobilizer

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Check the battery condition and/or battery contacts.

The immobilizer normally doesn't trigger the alarm.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The driver got our regular electrician to check. The culprit apparently is the started solenoid. All fixed now. Whew!

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The driver got our regular electrician to check. The culprit apparently is the started solenoid. All fixed now. Whew!
    What about the sound that apparently came from the stereo and the alarm sounding off?

Two things that has nothing to do with the starter solenoid.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    What about the sound that apparently came from the stereo and the alarm sounding off?

Two things that has nothing to do with the starter solenoid.
    The electrician said the battery was about to die. I don't really know but we also ended up replacing the battery. It's roughly 2 years old anyway according to its warranty certificate. It's now working fine.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    I think I've experienced this before. Bigla na lang bumusina yung car (without anyone doing anything to it) hanggang sa napilitan kaming tanggalin yung isang terminal ng battery. Turns out it was the 'way' of the alarm telling us that the car battery was about to get flat. Weird talaga. Because when I bought a new car battery na, I bought the car at Autopage distro at del monte ave. And they cycled the alarm module and it was normal naman.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    The electrician said the battery was about to die. I don't really know but we also ended up replacing the battery. It's roughly 2 years old anyway according to its warranty certificate. It's now working fine.
    Mukhang na scam ka nung electrician ah... it seems the problem came from your weak battery.. yung starter solenoid bihira masira yan at madalas yun contact points lang pinapalitan.. anyway buti umandar din