New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mga sir, bakit kaya nag-vibrate needle ng speedometer gauge ng 97 honda city ko pag tumatakbo? di sya mag-steady?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    mga sir, bakit kaya nag-vibrate needle ng speedometer gauge ng 97 honda city ko pag tumatakbo? di sya mag-steady?

if your car has a cable from the final drive of the transaxle leading to the speedometer head, the cable's lubrication has probably dried up causing intermittent binding. if your speedometer is electronic, maybe the speed sensor magnetic pickup is coated with steel particles from the transmission.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    if your car has a cable from the final drive of the transaxle leading to the speedometer head, the cable's lubrication has probably dried up causing intermittent binding. if your speedometer is electronic, maybe the speed sensor magnetic pickup is coated with steel particles from the transmission.
    i think so...i thought at first that fluid was the same (connected with) the automatic transmission. so what kind of fluid should i add, ATF or is it the cable itselft that i have to lubricate? thanks for the input sir...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    i think so...i thought at first that fluid was the same (connected with) the automatic transmission. so what kind of fluid should i add, ATF or is it the cable itselft that i have to lubricate? thanks for the input sir...
    if in doubt about compatibility of fluids and the cable lubricant, it is very safe to use petroleum jelly (vaseline). we use this a lot in reassembling the valve body to prevent the steel ball valves from falling.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    if in doubt about compatibility of fluids and the cable lubricant, it is very safe to use petroleum jelly (vaseline). we use this a lot in reassembling the valve body to prevent the steel ball valves from falling.

OK sir. i think that will solve the problem. thanks a lot...

vibrating speedometer needle