New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Actually, though I'm a firm believer in the Unichip... I don't know if that one will be the fastest... Kevin Limjoco's Santa Fe is chipped, and he claims that the 0-100 time went down from eleven and a half to around nine and a half seconds.... hmmm... drag race the two?

But personally, a chip that's progarmmed on the spot, to your specific vehicle, is worth the money. I think what you're getting with the DPChip is the plug-and-play harness, which makes installaton, tuning and removal much less of a hassle, and provides a neater installation. Unichip also has a plug and play harness, but you have to order it, and the extra cost will make it cost as much as the DPChip.

If the plug-and-play harness matters to you, the DPChip is a good buy, provided that dyno-tuning on installation is included in the package. Otherwise, personally, I'd go for the Unichip, since it includes dyno-tuning and optimizing in the package.
    Thanks for your inputs nicky..

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Guys,

I have been using the dpchip on my fort for over a year now with no problems and it took 2 secs easy off my 0-100km/h times.

It does have the advantage of being taken in and out of the vehicle whenever you need to, eg to the casa for pms etc.

However, once you start to further modify your vehicle, it does become not so flexable, which is why i will be switching to the unichip system sometime in the future.

The unichip also has the advantage of being able to be transfered to another vehicle as required and the retune being carried out, where as the dpchip cannot be used on a different vehicle unless it is covered in the range.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sirs:

can i install the unichip in a gen2 strada?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    hmm.. the chip gives power.. but does it also mean taking in more fuel?

thanks..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hans0n View Post
    hmm.. the chip gives power.. but does it also mean taking in more fuel?
    Takes more fuel to make more power.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Takes more fuel to make more power.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.
    hahaha.. eco 101.. thanks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hans0n View Post
    hahaha.. eco 101.. thanks
    BTW, it's also easy to burn more fuel for even less power. Make sure the mods you do to your car actually make more power.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    sirs:

can i install the unichip in a gen2 strada?
    You can only use it on CRDi diesels or any diessel with computer controlled injection.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You can only use it on CRDi diesels or any diessel with computer controlled injection.
    thanks niky.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    in some applications though that run extra rich, removing some fuel from the fuel map will give extra power and yet still conserve you fuel.

it really depends on the application.

on some evos, as they approach the redline, the a/f goes down to almost 10:1. leaning it out a bit improves how they run.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Unichip piggy back ECU