New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Sunday morning gumagana pa ung temp gauge ko, then while on the way home bigla nlng bumagsak ung needle sa cold while running. Pagdating ko sa house, chineck ko ung mga fuse, ok naman lahat. san po kaya ung problem pag ganun? Help naman mga bro...Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by b52stealthf18 View Post
    Last Sunday morning gumagana pa ung temp gauge ko, then while on the way home bigla nlng bumagsak ung needle sa cold while running. Pagdating ko sa house, chineck ko ung mga fuse, ok naman lahat. san po kaya ung problem pag ganun? Help naman mga bro...Thanks.

b52,
    make? model? year of manufacture?mileage?
    99% if not all temperature indication systems are grounding type. it could be overheat warning light (idiot light) or an analog or digital type gauge. usually, the wire to the switch or sensor together with the sensor is adjacent to the thermostat housing or on some, on the cylinder head closest to the thermostat. try unplugging the connector if it did not disconnect itself already and jumper it to the engine block or the cylinder head with a paper clip or other suitable conductive material and have somebody observe the gauge while the ignition switch is in the ON position. if the needle as what type you have indicated does not respond, the power source to that part of the instrument cluster does not have battery voltage to it. if the needle moved simulating an overheat condition, it is your sending unit on the thermostat housing that is kaputz.
    jick
    certified auto
    guam

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    baka natanggal lang yung wire (single wire lang siya) na nakakabit sa temperature sending unit mo. check mo na lang sa web kung saan located yung temp sending unit ng car mo para ma-inspect mo.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mahirap yan kung walang info yung car , hanggang hula na lang

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Newbie here.. I have the same problem with my 10-year old car. One point while driving, temp plunges to coldest. This time naman, laging more than half, 75% up to overheat levels na yung needle, kahit di naman umuusok o nag-ooverheat ang engine. Sabi ng mechanic na nag-inspect kailangan daw palitan ang temp gauge.

Any recommendations where I can get this replaced and fixed somewhere near Makati? TIA.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    try nyo po dito
    ganyan nangyari sa oto ko, pinalitan nya water sending unit, yung isa naman na ganyang pinagawa ko disconnected yung linya ng temp gauge, nagawa din nya.
    Fred's Electrical Shop (aka Budo)
    Union Street, Paco Manila.
    cellphone #
    sa tapat ata sya ng 1515 na mataas na aprtment blg.
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...=1#post1321919

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thanks. I took your suggestion.. I went there about two weeks ago. Pinalitan ang water sending unit ni Fred at ng assistant nya. Charged me 250 plus 280 for the parts. Temp level went normal, at first. Akala ko okay na. Unfortunately when I left his shop, after a few minutes of driving, back to overheat levels ulit. Di na ako bumalik, I just texted Fred about it, but got no reply.

Still don't know the answer to my temp gauge problem. Should I just have it replaced?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *megiru
    baka 2nd hand lang kasi yung temp guage sensor na kinabit then nasira na.

I once have a problem with my temparature gauge. Yung akin talagang di gumagana. When I went to an electrical shop in Boni Ave, pinacheck ko. Ang ginawa to check is parang niluwagan yung temp guage sensor near the valve cover (honda civic lx 95 car ko) tapos pinatingin kung tumaas yung guage ko. Tumaas naman so sabi sa akin nung electrician bumili ako ng temp guage sensor.

So i went to honda shaw CASA and bought the genuine honda temp guage sensor (i bought it * 900+ pesos) then I went back to the shop for them to install the sensor. 250 lang labor. So far ok naman wala akong problem.

Temp gauge not working....