New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hi to all,

My car is Honda Civic VTI-S/2003 model/Manual/Gas. The SRS light indicator is always ON (Red light). Normally, after engine start it automatically turns off after a few seconds. Here are my questions:

1. Does this mean that the whole Airbag (SRS) system won't work anymore?
    2. Or do I just need to reset the SRS light? (Saw this video link on Youtube, simple procedure to reset the light)

Youtube link: How to reset SRS Airbag light 2000 01 02 03 04 05 honda civic - YouTube

Anyone who can share experience?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bicoy View Post
    Hi to all,

My car is Honda Civic VTI-S/2003 model/Manual/Gas. The SRS light indicator is always ON (Red light). Normally, after engine start it automatically turns off after a few seconds. Here are my questions:

1. Does this mean that the whole Airbag (SRS) system won't work anymore?
    2. Or do I just need to reset the SRS light? (Saw this video link on Youtube, simple procedure to reset the light)

Youtube link: How to reset SRS Airbag light 2000 01 02 03 04 05 honda civic - YouTube

Anyone who can share experience?

Thanks!

If the SRS light is always on, the airbag system is detecting a fault somewhere. It could be as simple as a loose connection somewhere. In my car, it was a faulty connection in the rotating collar connector located in the steering wheel column. When the connection becomes good again, the SRS light goes away at the next engine start.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Follow sir GH advised.