New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    for for the OEM recommended plugs. I've known cars na nagbago ang engine response to bad because of using non-recommended plugs.
    ditto with what jick said.
    Sir based sa manual ko meron nakalagay na oem plugs for copper and Iridium. Ngk for copper, denso for Iridium

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Today's cars with tightly packed engine compartments will opt for longer life spark plugs due to the cost of labor for routine replacement. The removal of plugs for cleaning becomes a waste of time and use of the car. You might as well replace them when bad but fix the cause of the spark plug fouling. Cleaning them without investigating what is causing the carbon build up is only masking the result which becomes a chronic condition
    Interesting, tingnan ko nga if may fouling sa lumang plugs ko.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I noticed that my car recommends only iridium plugs. Thus iridium ako

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Our Mitsubishi ASX has iridium spark plugs as well.

According to the owner's manual, I need to replace at 100,000 km.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Saan ba kayo nakabili ng ngk iridium sparkplugs? Sa ace hardware kasi by order pa tapos 1 week ang waiting time

6. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    dami sa banawe kung taga QC ka, manila sa recto corner masangkay, 10th ave. kaloocan or sa suking mong auto supply.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I use Copper plug with 2MM gap.

But im using my own design Multiple Spark Capacitive Discharge Ignition system capable of 30KV 5 spark per cylinder at idling rpm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2mm-spark-gap-mscdis.jpg  
    Last edited by Chinoi; February 7th, 2016 at 11:26 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    I prefer copper, good conductivity compared to iridium and platinum. Though you will need to change more frequently compared to the other two. Just my two cents...

Cheers

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Iridium alloy has almost the same conductivity as copper. They dont just use iridium per se...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you have to "remove half the engine" just to get to the sparking plugs, best you use plugs that "last longer", i.e., iridium.
    otherwise, copper is fine.

now where did i read, that there are two kinds of iridium plugs..? one is supposed to be replaced just as often as copper, and the other that has a much longer recommended replacement schedule... can't remember...
    also, "beware of fakes." iridium as well as copper.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast