New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro.,- daig pa rin iyan ng jumper cable ni bro.LSB...

What's the wiser take,- this CTEK charger or the jumpstarter?

[In my case kasi,- if matagal kami sa biyahe,- tanggal ang koneksyon ng baterya....]
    Get both! Smart Car Battery Charger

This CTEK battery charger is safe to leave on your car. On the other hand, it will not save you should the battery die on the road.

That's why I have a JumpStart battery. Out of concern to my younger brother, I gave it to him. And just as a coincidence, he used it a couple of times already.

I decided to have that CTEK because the stock battery I have can amount to 15,000 Pesos! There are alternatives but for comparison, I'll use the stock battery to illustrate.

Let's say I am able to extend the battery life for a year or two, then the CTEK charger have paid itself.

Now let's say what I have is an ordinary battery. In that case, I'll be assuming that it can only extend the battery life at most is one year. Again, it has paid itself on my second purchase of the battery.

So if I need to replace it every two years, then I should have the third battery for six years. However, I'm on my second on the sixth year because of CTEK.

Some says that the cost of CTEK is like buying a brand new battery. I agree on that. The argument is, the charger will have paid itself on the long run. That I think, the word "investment" comes in. You invest now and and gain it later.

And since I'm a cheapskate, I'll be buying a jump-start battery for myself. In that way, I don't have to worry about the battery dying anywhere on the road. If it dies, then I simply use the JumpStart battery then run the car and buy a new battery.

For someone like me who is always on the run, and NOT from my wife or any other girls (I'm not giving you a chance or any other guys lurking around to play with my words Smart Car Battery Charger), the JumpStart battery is a necessity for me.

I can't imagine myself at midnight going to the comfort room along SCTEX then once I start the car, it won't run because of a dead battery.

Again, buy both! Smart Car Battery Charger

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Di ko maintindihan. English ng english.

Tagalugin mo. Di ba taga bulacan ka?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
    Di ko maintindihan. English ng english.

Tagalugin mo. Di ba taga bulacan ka?
    May I call you? Smart Car Battery Charger

It's so difficult to type and see those "red lines".

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post

Bossing based from your experience, ilang months mo napa-extend ang isang "expired" battery?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    Bossing based from your experience, ilang months mo napa-extend ang isang "expired" battery?
    This charger is relatively new to me, so I'll get back to you by the end of 2020.
    Smart Car Battery Charger

At the very least, our chief engineer told me that he had his battery for about 5 years and he was still using it. I was recommending it to him, and much to my surprise he said that he had that for many years.

6. Join Date
    May 2017
    This charger is relatively new to me, so I'll get back to you by the end of 2020.

At the very least, our chief engineer told me that he had his battery for about 5 years and he was still using it. I was recommending it to him, and much to my surprise he said that he had that for many years.
    so the reason it lasted for 5 years is because he is using the smart battery charger?

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    lead-acid batteries die because of sulfation which is IRREVERSIBLE

sulfation is from normal use and is accelerated by keeping the battery at a low state of charge (SOC)

so it's best to maintain lead-acids by "floating" them at about 13.8v. there's no convenient way to do this with your car battery unless you want to hook up a charger everyday

btw you lose more water when on float charge

so don't buy overpriced gadget like ctek hoping for a miracle

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    lead-acid batteries die because of sulfation which is IRREVERSIBLE

sulfation is from normal use and is accelerated by keeping the battery at a low state of charge (SOC)

so hindi po totoo yung sinasabing desulfation process ng mga smart battery charger like CTEK?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Athrunzala View Post
    so the reason it lasted for 5 years is because he is using the smart battery charger?
    The way I understood him, yes. He said he had used it to his previous vehicles with similar results.

I am attaching these pictures for your reference.

One more thing, please don't follow that part saying "connect and forget". When it was new to me, I have forgotten that I connected it.

Perhaps I should say, manage your time well so that you don't have to be in a hurry and mess things just like what happened to me.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005

Sure. Anytime.

Ikaw pa ba!