New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last year one of my actuators began to emit this grinding sound whenever i'd press the lock/unlock buttons. i figured it was busted so i went to mitsubishi to buy one. i nearly died upon hearing that it cost around 5,000 pesos!

so i did the most logical thing (to me) and had a taiwan made actuator installed. it worked fine for the first couple of months then it began to act weird. finally, it died, less than a year from date of purchase. oh well, it was just 250 pesos.

i was reluctant to buy the same kind of actuator so i went to alabang motortown to have the old oem actuator fixed. to my amazement, the old dude was able to fix it though he charged me 500 pesos for the repair, installation included.

upon arriving home i searched the net for the "simple solution" and this is what i found - http://www.freewebs.com/ltooz/Odyssey_solenoid.pdf
    check it out if your actuators are beginning to act strange, you may still be able to save them.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    was reluctant to buy the same kind of actuator so i went to alabang motortown to have the old oem actuator fixed. to my amazement, the old dude was able to fix it though he charged me 500 pesos for the repair, installation included.

upon arriving home i searched the net for the "simple solution" and this is what i found - http://www.freewebs.com/ltooz/Odyssey_solenoid.pdf
    check it out if your actuators are beginning to act strange, you may still be able to save them.[/quote]

sino yun gumawa? malinis ba pagkaka-ayos, i mean when re-install yun mga kinalas, as shown in "simple solution" you saw in the net?
    i was advised kasi that my door actuator needs to be repaired. thanks

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    up ko lang po ito. oem b yung naayos nung old guy sa alabang motortown. thanks.

Problems with car door lock actuators?