New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I suppose this topic goes here too. Just inform me please if it doesn't but I hope I could be help.

I recently bought one from a reputable seller.

At first, I was questioning its authenticity because it was cheaper by about 600 - 700 pesos, compare to other reputable sellers. They assured me anyway that it was genuine so I purchased it.

Having skeptical thoughts about it, I went to Pivot website and good thing was they have a comparison of original and fake.

There were 3 guidelines:

1st - K markings on the condenser. Not +. My VS pass.

2nd - The number 15 markings should be readable. My VS pass again but this time, it's 10. Not 15.

3rd - The package should have a production sticker. My VS box didn't have one. It also didn't have the barcode label which I see on the original's picture. Instead, it has a made in japan marking.

Anyone here who's very familiar with Pivot products and could help me please authenticate mine?

I read that fake Pivot VS can damage the battery and I recently just experience a battery problem. As for now, I'm keeping an open mind and pointing my battery problem to its poor quality as it is Outlast and people here have the same thoughts about it too.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If this is the same "reputable" seller as the one that sold you the HKS magnetic fuel saver, I guess you now know how "reputable" that seller really is.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    oh, this one is different. the HKS was from a reputable retailer in malls while this Pivot is from a different one too.

Pivot 90% Raizin Volt Stabiler