New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hello guys, i need help on my power steering... subic gen. 2 pajero po... medyo mabigat po kasi steering wheel nya kumpara sa mga ibang subic pajeros... GEARBOX is MANDO... meron po bang electrical wirings para sa power steering? kung meron po, san po sya nakalagay para ma check ko kung naka connect pa sya... thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    1. Have you check power steering fluid?

2. Have you checked the tire pressures recently?

3. Is the power steering leaking?

4. Have you check the power steering belt?

If the belt and the fluid levels are ok, you either have a problem with the power steering rack or with the pump itself, but I suspect you are just low on fluid due to a leak

Ooh one more thing, pretty sure Pajero is not electric feed power steering so dont bother looking for electrical wiring etc.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    1. Have you check power steering fluid?

2. Have you checked the tire pressures recently?

3. Is the power steering leaking?

4. Have you check the power steering belt?

If the belt and the fluid levels are ok, you either have a problem with the power steering rack or with the pump itself, but I suspect you are just low on fluid due to a leak

Ooh one more thing, pretty sure Pajero is not electric feed power steering so dont bother looking for electrical wiring etc.

sir, belt and fluid level is ok... thanks... how can i check if the pump, etc. is the culprit? hope you guys could help me out... thanks in advance

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    bro check mo yun power steering pump. kung subic yan, malamang yun tube saka hose nung power steering ang di maganda ang pagkaka-convert. papalitan mo at paayos mo yun pagkakabend. check mo na din yun hoselines ng brake saka aircon, usually sa pagbebend and problema nito, naiipit yun tubo

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    bro check mo yun power steering pump. kung subic yan, malamang yun tube saka hose nung power steering ang di maganda ang pagkaka-convert. papalitan mo at paayos mo yun pagkakabend. check mo na din yun hoselines ng brake saka aircon, usually sa pagbebend and problema nito, naiipit yun tubo
    Bro, thanks for the input... yup its SUBIC... i'll try to check it later, it might be the culprit... cheers!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Hello, Have you fixed your hard steering problem? Mine just got fixed today... theres a small solenoid valve on top of my gearbox that was'nt connected/wired. Just connect it directly to the battery terminal just to test if the solenoid will remove the problem. Then if it solve your steering problem just like mine, look for an ignition line, so that it gets live only when the engine is running. That valve restricts the flow of fluid from pump when not connected.

Pajero Power Steering Problem