New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hi,

i found some apps on the android market that supposedly provides engine information. would anyone know how it can be used?

wala kasi ako yung connector para sa OBD2 port. baka may alam san nakakabili nito?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Havent seen that app pero baka this would help... i saw an OBD to bluetooth interface sa sulit. Just plug it in sa OBD port and pwede mo na connect android mo via bluetooth. Search mo lang OBD bluetooth

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    thanks! may nakasubok na kaya nito?

Actually im more after getting the coolant temperature followed by getting fault codes later on. idiot lights lang kasi ang sa kotse ko eh

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post

nice! yan din balak ko gawin eh. accurate ba? torque din app mo?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup Torque Pro gamit ko ... it is highly customizable so accuracy depends on your setup ... if you enter vehicle data/parameters correctly, then its output are accurate

you can actually make your own formula or tweak the built-in formulas to improve accuracy

but bear in mind, Torque is just a hobbyist app ... it is still evolving ... compatibilty is not guaranteed, i.e., some sensors may not be accessible due to proprietary ek-ek ... still, the app can access lots of sensors that makes it worth having!

check out Torque's forum ... you'll learn a lot

Torque Discussion

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i have this also, got the unit from dx. using torque. very useful for long drive. Problem is BT version cant be used on ios, if not JB'd. very useful pang monitor, ng status ng engine, even yung FC, meron din. i'd say sulit ito, even bihira ko na sya magamit, dahil i've switch mobile phone to ios. nakikihiram na lang ang ng android sa wife pag need ko i plug itong scanner.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    You also need a vehicle software to operate the OBD2 scanner even you have the 16 pin plug.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post
    You also need a vehicle software to operate the OBD2 scanner even you have the 16 pin plug.
    i think thats the whole discussion hehehe.

the app(torque) is the software that operates the plug

OBD scanner for android