New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi po, Im just new here in tsikot specifically in car trouble shooting. I would just want to get some advice or tips with what I am encountering in my old school car.

Im having a weird experience for about 3 to 5 months ago pa. Everytime I parked my car without roof or nakabilad directly sa sunlight ay may instances na hinde agad umistart ang car, no redondo (am I right with my terminology?) and I am just hearing a simple click (may mahinang click lang ako naririnig everytime I on the ignition switch).

But when I was parked sa may lilim or garage with roofs, one click lang naman at start agad ang auto kahit na tanghaling tapat.

I already brought the car in an electrical shop for about a month and a half ago, and binaba nila ang starter at pinalitan ang mga carbons, un parang maliliit na parang square shape. After that, umokey na ang status ng car even parked outside but suddenly just about 2 weeks ago, it happened again, so I brought it again to my trusted shop and they fixed the ignition switch na mismo at adviced me if it still continues to happen I should change my whole ignition switch na daw kasi wala na daw sa timing...parang ganun ang sinabi nya, tama po ba na ito ang reason behind?

How much would be the total price of ignition switch (brand new and surplus) for a nissan 88 model and san po ba nakakabili nito?

Some of my officemates said it has something to do with my ignition coil naman. But I remember, the mechanic told me na okey naman daw ang ignition coil ko...nalilito na po ako kung ano dapat, I just wanted my car to be back on its feet again and be reliable as it was before.

Does anyone encountered the same problem before, and whats the solution po to have my car consistently starting even if its parked in a direct sunlight?

Any thoughts will be very much appreciated. Thank you :-)

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PamelaAsistio View Post
    Hi po, Im just new here in tsikot specifically in car trouble shooting. I would just want to get some advice or tips with what I am encountering in my old school car.

Im having a weird experience for about 3 to 5 months ago pa. Everytime I parked my car without roof or nakabilad directly sa sunlight ay may instances na hinde agad umistart ang car, no redondo (am I right with my terminology?) and I am just hearing a simple click (may mahinang click lang ako naririnig everytime I on the ignition switch).

But when I was parked sa may lilim or garage with roofs, one click lang naman at start agad ang auto kahit na tanghaling tapat.

I already brought the car in an electrical shop for about a month and a half ago, and binaba nila ang starter at pinalitan ang mga carbons, un parang maliliit na parang square shape. After that, umokey na ang status ng car even parked outside but suddenly just about 2 weeks ago, it happened again, so I brought it again to my trusted shop and they fixed the ignition switch na mismo at adviced me if it still continues to happen I should change my whole ignition switch na daw kasi wala na daw sa timing...parang ganun ang sinabi nya, tama po ba na ito ang reason behind?

How much would be the total price of ignition switch (brand new and surplus) for a nissan 88 model and san po ba nakakabili nito?

Some of my officemates said it has something to do with my ignition coil naman. But I remember, the mechanic told me na okey naman daw ang ignition coil ko...nalilito na po ako kung ano dapat, I just wanted my car to be back on its feet again and be reliable as it was before.

Does anyone encountered the same problem before, and whats the solution po to have my car consistently starting even if its parked in a direct sunlight?

Any thoughts will be very much appreciated. Thank you :-)

a few questions to get a better idea what's going on and its recommended repairs:
    1. is the car equipped with auto trans?
    2. does it crank normally but will not start after a hot soak?
    3. does it not crank at all?
    4. as usual; your model year, make, mileage?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    a few questions to get a better idea what's going on and its recommended repairs:
    1. is the car equipped with auto trans?
    2. does it crank normally but will not start after a hot soak?
    3. does it not crank at all?
    4. as usual; your model year, make, mileage?

Gee, what an immediate response. My friends were right, tsikot.com is a very friendly community and always ready to help :-)

jick

1. is the car equipped with auto trans? Manual transmission po
    2. does it crank normally but will not start after a hot soak? Pag hinde po sya nakabilad sa araw, start agad one click lang pero pag nakapark directly under the sun without roofs at all...may instances na hinde umistart agad at may mahinang click lang ako naririnig.
    3. does it not crank at all? To clarify po, "crank"...is this what you also call "redondo", un po kasi ang madalas kong marinig sa mga cousins kong lalake
    4. as usual; your model year, make, mileage? 88, Nissan stanza, mileage...not sure po sa exact stats hinde ko naman po madalas nachecheck yun but the last time Ive seen it by chance parang between 160k to 200k ata...but not sure :-(

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    pam,
    how old is your battery? try your battery's cranking ability by testing at night with the headlights on and crank the engine. if the headlight dims considerably, the battery is weak. 'ti mabakal ka na gid sang bag-o na battery
    jick

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Battery?
    heat makes the battery weak. Since engine is off, it doesn't charge. Hence more redondo than usual to start?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    pam,
    how old is your battery? try your battery's cranking ability by testing at night with the headlights on and crank the engine. if the headlight dims considerably, the battery is weak. 'ti mabakal ka na gid sang bag-o na battery
    jick

Ok jick, will try it later after office hours. I think my battery is almost 3 yrs na pero chineck naman ng mechanic at electrician yan nung dinala ko sa talyer but they didnt advised me to do so.

Whats buggin me...di ba pag battery issue dapat consistent syang hard starting although mag-start din sya later on pero aabutin ng ilang tries bago mag-start...at least mag-start ang engine pero hinde gaanong tumutuloy, right?

In my case naman, everytime na nabibilad lang sa arawan ang auto thats the only time this issue comes out...walang redondo at all, you'll only be hearing a soft click when starting the engine.

Weird issue po ba? :-)

But will still try your suggestion later. Thanks

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Battery?
    heat makes the battery weak. Since engine is off, it doesn't charge. Hence more redondo than usual to start?

Noted istan. Thank you

By the way, are you guys sayin that it has nothing to do with my ignition switch and starter, since it was already fixed before? It is more on battery issue na kahit mahinang click lang ang maririnig sa engine pag nag-on ng ignition?

In my observation kasi, pag battery issue...at least mag-start pa rin ang engine pero yun nga lang ay hinde tutuloy...parang tipong kinakapos ng hininga or nachochoke :-)

Tama po ba ako? Enlighten me naman po...Thanks

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PamelaAsistio View Post
    Ok jick, will try it later after office hours. I think my battery is almost 3 yrs na pero chineck naman ng mechanic at electrician yan nung dinala ko sa talyer but they didnt advised me to do so.

Whats buggin me...di ba pag battery issue dapat consistent syang hard starting although mag-start din sya later on pero aabutin ng ilang tries bago mag-start...at least mag-start ang engine pero hinde gaanong tumutuloy, right?

In my case naman, everytime na nabibilad lang sa arawan ang auto thats the only time this issue comes out...walang redondo at all, you'll only be hearing a soft click when starting the engine.

Weird issue po ba? :-)

But will still try your suggestion later. Thanks

that symptom is not weird, it is typical for technicians. you mentioned that starter had been re-brushed, did the electrician check the bushings and lubricated, did he check the starter solenoid? nissan uses hitachi electrical components and their starter solenoid is not repairable. it might be due for replacement. do the previously mentioned test. if the battery tests out good, have an electrician do a voltage drop test of the starting system and the body/engine block ground wires.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    that symptom is not weird, it is typical for technicians. you mentioned that starter had been re-brushed, did the electrician check the bushings and lubricated, did he check the starter solenoid? nissan uses hitachi electrical components and their starter solenoid is not repairable. it might be due for replacement. do the previously mentioned test. if the battery tests out good, have an electrician do a voltage drop test of the starting system and the body/engine block ground wires.

Thanks lot jick, will ask the electrician if he had done those, since your statements above are too technical for me, hinde ko gaanong naiintindihan mga procedures na nabanggit mo :-)

Any, opinions or thoughts are still welcome...para masabi ko lahat ng suggestions nyo when I bring the car to the shop again.

Thank you

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Add ko lang sa sinabi ni Jick.

Sabihin mo sa electrician na idirect start ang makina. Ang gagawin dyan ay ilagay ang susi sa "on position" (position before "start") then ang terminal sa solenoid at starting motor ay saltikin para mag connect at mag redondo (crank) ang makina. Pag umikot ng malakas ang makina so ibig sabihin ok ang baterya at ang starter. Ang posibleng problema ay start switch sa susian.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Not Starting when parked in a direct sunlight???