New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Maintenance Free is a nice worry free solution but they don't seem to last as long as Low-Maintenance Batteries. Just as the warranty expires, the battery will give way in a few weeks.

Maintenance Free is more expensive.

Motolite seem to be marketing their Low-Maintenance Batteries for public and commercial transport use. While their Maintenance Free are being targetted to the supposed premium markets of private vehicles.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Maintenance Free is a nice worry free solution but they don't seem to last as long as Low-Maintenance Batteries. Just as the warranty expires, the battery will give way in a few weeks.

Maintenance Free is more expensive.

Motolite seem to be marketing their Low-Maintenance Batteries for public and commercial transport use. While their Maintenance Free are being targetted to the supposed premium markets of private vehicles.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Ang mga maintenance free battries has 1 or more vents para maka singaw ang mga gasses when being charged. Itong mga gasses na ito ay galing sa battery fluid. So basically nauubos din siya. tapos sa init ng engine, nag eevaporate din ang battery fluid.

Once na expired na ang warranty, you can remove the sticker/s locate the refilling holes and refill with battery solution. Kadalasan pag open mo, exposed na ang mga plates kaya humihina na ang battery.

Medyo ma revitalize one nadagdagan ng battery fluid. BTW, do not over fill. corrosive ang battery fluid.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    looks like Low maintenance Battery is the best option for me. instead of staring at your ride, nothing to do. why not spend it checking the battery once in a while.

thanks for the info guys.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Maintenance free is better coz I don't need to check the battery fluid every now and then. However, regardless if it's maintenance free or not, I don't feel the difference when it comes to performance.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    sorry double post

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    you can have the fluid level checked without removing the plastic screw from one of the refilling holes. buy the battery that has "magic eye" or "hydro eye"...it looks something like this

* meledson

the MF batteries has 2 air vents, one for each side. and i agree with you, after the MF batteries has reached the end of the warranty period and it gives up on you, you can still have the battery's fluid to be refilled and maybe have it also recharged, making at low-maintenance battery. atleast, for the warranty period, you're worry free about your battery ehh...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Comparing Motolite MF vs LM, the MF seems to have more reserved capacity and higher Amp ratings.

the best LM in motolite is the Enforcer. RC & AH is near enough Enduro.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Rion - that's right, if you like working your way around the engine bay then you could go for LM.

It pays to clean and check your engine bay for both mechanical and electrical maintenance. In our family, we usually provide MF battery for the lady drivers so that worry-free na sila.

I agree about the MF's average lifespan. Kahit AC Delco pa ganyan pa rin.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    looks like Low maintenance Battery is the best option for me. instead of staring at your ride, nothing to do. why not spend it checking the battery once in a while.

thanks for the info guys.
    Dapat naman talaga thay we check under the hood at least once a month.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
No maintenance or Low maintenance Battery?