New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hello All,
    Balak ko pa convert ang 24 volt na 4DR5 (NON-turbocharged) na high hood jeep ko to a 12 volt system. I`m looking for a 12 volt Starter and Alternator. Glow plugs and others are easy to get of course.

I`ve seen brand new china (or taiwan??) for less than P5000 for each one. I heard there is a good korean brand that is a bit more expensive (cant remember the name). Pero i heard that there are a lot of breakable plastic parts inside.

So should i go for rebuilt original ones (that have minimal plastic)? Fear ko lang of course are the rewound windings, coz i understand that the original wire gauge for rewinds are not available locally, resulting in sometimes problematic starters and or alternators.

What do you think? I cant afford buying 2 batteries everytime i need to replace batteries. This is my everyday transportation, so... Thank You!
    patrick

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    P.S.I need the 12 Volt ones

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by PatT View Post
    Hello All,
    Balak ko pa convert ang 24 volt na 4DR5 (NON-turbocharged) na high hood jeep ko to a 12 volt system. I`m looking for a 12 volt Starter and Alternator. Glow plugs and others are easy to get of course.

I`ve seen brand new china (or taiwan??) for less than P5000 for each one. I heard there is a good korean brand that is a bit more expensive (cant remember the name). Pero i heard that there are a lot of breakable plastic parts inside.

So should i go for rebuilt original ones (that have minimal plastic)? Fear ko lang of course are the rewound windings, coz i understand that the original wire gauge for rewinds are not available locally, resulting in sometimes problematic starters and or alternators.

What do you think? I cant afford buying 2 batteries everytime i need to replace batteries. This is my everyday transportation, so... Thank You!
    patrick
    yung alternator you can buy a remanufacture or surplass for less than 5k and have the brackets fabricated if hind pwede ung old bracket, yung starter can be rebuild for a lot less than 5k meron ka lang papalitan na parts. kayang kaya yan ng mge electrician na gumagawa ng jeep kasi common engine ang 4dr5 sa mga jeepney and madalas sila nag coconvert ng 24 volts to 12 volts. if you want pm me and i have an electrician that can do it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PatT View Post
    Hello All,

patrick
    yung alternator you can buy a remanufacture or surplass for less than 5k and have the brackets fabricated if hind pwede ung old bracket, yung starter can be rebuild for a lot less than 5k meron ka lang papalitan na parts. kayang kaya yan ng mge electrician na gumagawa ng jeep kasi common engine ang 4dr5 sa mga jeepney and madalas sila nag coconvert ng 24 volts to 12 volts. if you want pm me and i have an electrician that can do it.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Sorry ngayon lang ako nag reply. Wala na kasing sumasagot (ngayon ko lang nakita na may nag reply). Thanks sa reply mo! I will contact you pag ready na ako.