New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I have a box type SL its guages are not working, actually there some that's working; the fuel guage and the rpm are working but the rest is not. Even the warning lights are nt working; what can I do to have it work?

pls help.. thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Here are some ideas that might help you,

Since your Fuel Gauge is working, I am assuming that you fuse to you panel meter is ok,

Speedometer - usually the speedometer cable is broken, if not, the speedometer gear (located in the transmission) has lost all its teeth, and lastly the speedometer is stuck.

Temperature - check the wire going to the water outlet (where the upper radiator hose is connected, remove this wire from the sensor and ground it, the temp meter should go to hottest, if not the wire is cut or the temp meter is defective, if yes, the temp sensor is at fault

Oil Warning Light - Locate the oil filter, near it is the oil pressure switch, if the wire is disconnected, find it and connect it, the problem could be the oil pressure switch, bulb in the panel meter, or the wire is cut or not connected.

Charge Light Indicator - Check the bulb in the panel meter, or check the wire at the External Voltage regulator.

Brake Light - Check the bulb and the switch at the handbrake or the wire may be broken

Need Help; box type guage not working