New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    the problem with my 2005 civic vti is the intermittent malfunctioning of the aircon switch and power side mirror, there seems to be no contact/no power at times. parang wla power ung aircon and side mirror,ayaw nilang gumana, but everything is working well nman with the other stuff ng auto. tapos pag gumana na ang kotse,biglang silang gagana ulet. at back to normal sila ulet.then for a few days ganun nanaman.evry morning lang sila nagma-malfunction. dinala ko na sa honda/casa, they did some resetting daw, pro after 8 days nangyari ulet yung malfunction. its now back with honda, and they are still looking into it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it could either be the switch contacts or the actual switch themselves. kaya minsan di kumakagat.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    it must be a module related issue ,honda has what they called INTEGRATION RELAY (MODULE ) mounted at the fuse fuse box .

to try it is 50/50

try to tell the tech to check all the power and grounds related to that circuit and if everything 's okay , then its decision time

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    is the integration relay module different with the electrical ECU of the car? the last time i talked to the honda techs, they were suggesting intermittent malfxn with the multiplex/ECU electrical of the car. but based on their comps, no majot problem with ECU and computer box, thats why they are hesitant to advise for replacement. they only interchange th relays, to check if the interchange ones will occur a malfxn. so far im using the car, and just awaiting it it occurs again, another blogger advise me to change batt, he told me that my car batt might be the culprit,if it supplies fluctuating electricity to the car. thanks for the info, il ask the honad pips abt it. pls send more advice...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    it's hard to diagnose troubles if intermittent, the honda techs maybe able to do you a favor by swtching the MUX module of your car to another car if the trouble is present .

ECM is not same as MUX

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    thanks bam, another update...na confine ulet si civic sa honda mkt. nag malfunction ulet...ayun dhil sa nka shutdown ang a/c system ko, pati yung blower pala nun ay nka shutdown din(initial diagnosis ng SA,bka yung power transistor ang culprit), nag overheat ang kotse,pagdating ko sa garahe ng casa,dahil cguro isang blower lang gumana or nadamay nadin sa electrical malfxn(ndi ko na nga alam)...so far the report is, change sila ng relay sa a/c system ,coolant and radiator cap. my only worries is, nung nag overheat ang kotse, yung temp gauge ko sa dashboard,ndi nman tumaas,nsa gitna parin. pero yung coolant ko ay sumisibol sa reservoir at umuusok sa init! nagtataka nga ang SA ng casa, kung bakit ganun..hopefully by weekend. ok na si civic, patay ang budget sa summer vacation nito! heheheh

guys who can help me. pls send all your advices...help one another...good day...

need help for 2005 civic vti