New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    mga papi, kagabi... pauwi na kami. napansin ko na hindi umaandar foglight ko. nung chineck ko. nalusaw pala yung fuse malapit sa battery connected papunta sa foglight. may sariili kasing wiring yung foglight tska relay kaya nilagyan ng fuse. tanong lang mga paps, bakit kaya nalusay yung fuse. ngayon lang nangyari to after a year na mahigit na gamit ko yung fogs. di ko muna nilagyan ng fuse yung sa fogs. antay muna ko inputs. 20 Amperes nga pala yung fuse. tia

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by desh2129 View Post
    ga papi, kagabi... pauwi na kami. napansin ko na hindi umaandar foglight ko. nung chineck ko. nalusaw pala yung fuse malapit sa battery connected papunta sa foglight. may sariili kasing wiring yung foglight tska relay kaya nilagyan ng fuse. tanong lang mga paps, bakit kaya nalusay yung fuse. ngayon lang nangyari to after a year na mahigit na gamit ko yung fogs. di ko muna nilagyan ng fuse yung sa fogs. antay muna ko inputs. 20 Amperes nga pala yung fuse. tia

current might have increased due to moisture between the terminals or the fuse, in time, gets corroded reducing its current carrying capacity. the fusible material is sometimes made of zinc and it succumbs to the moisture and turns powdery white (zinc oxide)

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    mga papi, kagabi... pauwi na kami. napansin ko na hindi umaandar foglight ko. nung chineck ko. nalusaw pala yung fuse malapit sa battery connected papunta sa foglight. may sariili kasing wiring yung foglight tska relay kaya nilagyan ng fuse. tanong lang mga paps, bakit kaya nalusay yung fuse. ngayon lang nangyari to after a year na mahigit na gamit ko yung fogs. di ko muna nilagyan ng fuse yung sa fogs. antay muna ko inputs. 20 Amperes nga pala yung fuse. tia

baka may ground or open wound mga wirings ng fogs mu bro, ganun kase yung aken eh, eh la pa ko time ayusin kasi i intend to replace na din yung damaged left fogs ko, eto yung may grounded. whenever a fuse blows up, i just replace it immediately since its only 15pesos at a nearby auto supply.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    baka may ground or open wound mga wirings ng fogs mu bro, ganun kase yung aken eh, eh la pa ko time ayusin kasi i intend to replace na din yung damaged left fogs ko, eto yung may grounded. whenever a fuse blows up, i just replace it immediately since its only 15pesos at a nearby auto supply.

cguro paps, lagyan ko na lang ng electrical tape buong wires ng fogs papuntang + terminal para safe. bili muna ako ng 20 amp na fuse.

thanks po sa lahat ng nag reply. bigyan ko kayo ng follow up pag nag ok o hindi yung problem.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    cguro paps, lagyan ko na lang ng electrical tape buong wires ng fogs papuntang + terminal para safe. bili muna ako ng 20 amp na fuse.

thanks po sa lahat ng nag reply. bigyan ko kayo ng follow up pag nag ok o hindi yung problem.
    wag! waste lang ng e.tape yan. hanapin mu na lang, kadalasan naman yung mga grouded ay yung mga connecting points eh, ung mga may e.tapes na or sa mga terminals or sockets, end to end. anung kotse nga ba ulit yan?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post

let's have a quick course here. wrong terminology confuses a confused person more. for electrical discussion sake, these terms are not interchangeable:

shorted circuit- the positive side of an automobile circuit is insulated and protected by a fuse. if shorted, i.e., there is no or very little resistance and the fuse is overloaded and will blow

open circuit- there is no continuity or path for electron flow, does nothing to convert electrical energy to mechanical, sound, heat or light energy

grounded circuit- each circuit is supposed to be grounded, some permanently some controllably, i.e., when the circuit control or the switch is on the negative side of the circuit, or a grounding switch, an example of which is the door courtesy switch that turns the dome light on with the door open, when it grounds the circuit. this does not cause the fuse to blow, just keep the dome light on regardless if the door is open or closed.
    please let us use the right term as not to mislead, confuse or misguide people.

the blind leading another blind person

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    let's have a quick course here. wrong terminology confuses a confused person more. for electrical discussion sake, these terms are not interchangeable:

shorted circuit- the positive side of an automobile circuit is insulated and protected by a fuse. if shorted, i.e., there is no or very little resistance and the fuse is overloaded and will blow

open circuit- there is no continuity or path for electron flow, does nothing to convert electrical energy to mechanical, sound, heat or light energy

grounded circuit- each circuit is supposed to be grounded, some permanently some controllably, i.e., when the circuit control or the switch is on the negative side of the circuit, or a grounding switch, an example of which is the door courtesy switch that turns the dome light on with the door open, when it grounds the circuit. this does not cause the fuse to blow, just keep the dome light on regardless if the door is open or closed.
    please let us use the right term as not to mislead, confuse or misguide people.

the blind leading another blind person
    ok thanks for the crash course. now i know. thanks for considering my terms,

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    sir try nyo po magpalit ng fuse na magandang klase.. ganyan din sa akin. thanks

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    There are two possibilities, one is the corrosion of the contacts in the fuse holder, which would increase its resistance, thereby the byproduct of these loose contact is heat, since its been a year already and this is the first time that had happen. Replace the fuse holder and fuse (if beyond repair).

The second possibility is partial or borderline short circuit, this increase the current that the fuse holder can carry, thereby generating heat at the fuse holder. Connect an Ammeter to measure the current of the circuit. If the ammeter say (h3 bulb 55w x 2 = 110w / 12 = 9.xxx amps), 10 amps or more, these would confirm the possibility of of partial or borderline short circuit.

If symptoms persist after doing this, consult a professional electrician.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Nagpalit ka ba ng bulb?
    Ano original wattage at ano pinalit?
    O.T. May nakikita ako na plastic lang at hindi yung fusible link ang natutunaw. Ganoon ba sa iyo?
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; January 12th, 2010 at 08:29 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
nalusaw na fuse