New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hello fellow tsikoteers, quick question lang po....

I recently got a 98 civic A/T and while driving it last week the Malfunction Indicator Light turned on. After seeing the light i quickly turned the engine and then restarted it again. It happened again after 2 days.... To all honda owners here, i would just like to ask if you've had a similar experience and if so, what were the steps you took to have it fixed....

Honestly i dont have the time to bring the car to the casa. I just have my own mechanic who lives in the village and he doesnt seem to know what the problem with the car is.

Hope to get feedback from all you peeps....

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Bring your car into a shop or auto part store near you and they can hook it up to a scanner while the light is on and tell you what it is. There should not be a charge or small charge for that service. Engine light could be anything.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks sir!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it's super easy to check the codes yourself. there are so many diy links online.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant_VR_94 View Post
    Hello fellow tsikoteers, quick question lang po....

I recently got a 98 civic A/T and while driving it last week the Malfunction Indicator Light turned on. After seeing the light i quickly turned the engine and then restarted it again. It happened again after 2 days.... To all honda owners here, i would just like to ask if you've had a similar experience and if so, what were the steps you took to have it fixed....

Honestly i dont have the time to bring the car to the casa. I just have my own mechanic who lives in the village and he doesnt seem to know what the problem with the car is.

Hope to get feedback from all you peeps....

Thanks in advance!
    sir, were you able to have it fixed? Had the same problem with 2000 civic A/T. Brought it to casa, they reset the computer module and it was fine for several months, now its back again

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by m2m View Post
    sir, were you able to have it fixed? Had the same problem with 2000 civic A/T. Brought it to casa, they reset the computer module and it was fine for several months, now its back again
    Hi Sir, yup i got it fixed already. I brought it to the casa and had my Knock Sensor replaced there. I had them diagnose the problem first by checking the error code.

Malfunction Indicator Light - 98 Honda Civic