New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sorry I meant before the engine starts. Basta after I turn the ignition key. Yung tunog niya yung parang pinipihit mo pa rin yung ignition kahit naka start na.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Sorry I meant before the engine starts. Basta after I turn the ignition key. Yung tunog niya yung parang pinipihit mo pa rin yung ignition kahit naka start na.
    Maybe leaving the key in START longer than necessary?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm guessing its the starter. But to be safe bring it to a mechanic. If your in Metro Manila, safe choices are:

Speedyfix in Shaw Blvd
    Speedlab in Quezon Ave
    Stage 1 Motor Works near Araneta Ave
    Wizards electrical in Timog Ave
    Autotechnika in Fort

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'm guessing its the starter. But to be safe bring it to a mechanic. If your in Metro Manila, safe choices are:

Speedyfix in Shaw Blvd
    Speedlab in Quezon Ave
    Stage 1 Motor Works near Araneta Ave
    Wizards electrical in Timog Ave
    Autotechnika in Fort

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    mam pa home service kayo kung ganun ang nararmdaman nyo sa oto nyo baka sumasama na ang starter nyan sa andar ng engine masusunog po ang starter nyo

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    possible problems are:

1. Bendix - responsible for engaging the starter to the flywheel and at the same time triggers the starter motor (this also acts as a relay switch)

2. Copper bushings - worn out copper bushings may cause hard starter movement therefore resulting to high current flow on the line making the bendix to chatter (just like a relay with poor current flow)

3. Loose connection - can result to high current flow resulting to chatter of bendix contacts

you just need to bring your car to a friendly neighbor hood electrician to pull your starter down and replace worn out parts.. I suggest you have the bushings replaced first..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bring it to SPEEDLAB. We can even meet up there if I am free.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I also think that the first thing to be checked is your starter, also try the bearings of your pulleys (power steering pump and the fan belt adjustment) for good measure....good luck Cathy.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks. It's not a complicated job naman? Can anyone recommend a place in Makati, Paranaque or Alabang Zapote?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Bring it to SPEEDLAB. We can even meet up there if I am free.
    nako si GH.

:bwahaha:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Kayod Sound When Starting The Engine