New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Mag post lang ako sa experience ko kay Jameson.

I went to his shop in Banawe last saturday and sir otep, ginamit ko pangalan mo for recommendation.

I went to Jameson kasi pa check ko sana yung aircon ng civic ko, nabaha kasi and until now, sira pa aircon ko and i think it has to do with the A/C switch assembly. I don't want to spend a lot on the A/C since ang laki na ng nagastos ko just to have the car running again sa casa. Read my thread here.

So i got to talk to Jameson and pina check ko yung A/C ko. He has this sidekick(or ka socio ata, hanging around the radiator shop that he works in) na ang kulit and parang akala nya cguro sa akin na milyonaryo ako kasi habang kina kausap ko si Jameson, sabi ko pa check ko muna yung A/C kasi yung yung primary concern ko and then later on paayos ko yung powerlocks and alarm and palinis ng mga ilaw. Tapos all of a sudden, yung sidekick nya started removing the screws/bolts to the door. Sabi ko bat' mo na tinatangal yan eh A/C nga una ko patingin. Sabi nya sabay nadaw lahat para pag naayos na yung A/C maayos na din lahat. And then I explained to them na I only have a limited budget and as of right now I want to know first kung maayos yung A/C and how much it would cost me.

Nag start na si Jameson mag check and i told him what the previous A/C shop told me na baka yung switch. So he took the switch out and checked and meron nga sunog and that I might have to replace it daw. Before going to the shop, I already called Honda and asked about the "switch assembly" and it costs Php11,000 sa kanila. So i asked them where i can buy surplus parts kasi one of the Tsikot.com members said it was only Php3,000.00 somewhere in Banawe. This is where the story gets better. The sidekick stood up and said na may alam cya mga nag benta ng switch and makaka mura daw ako. The sidekick left the shop for about 20 mins and since natangal na yung switch, i told Jameson to replace my stereo nalang kasi inabot din yung lumang stereo ng baha, and i brought along an old stereo from another car to replace it with. When the sidekick came back, he said na meron daw shop na Php11,500.00 daw binebenta and brand new, and he insisted na kunin na kasi isa nalang daw natira and in demand pa naman daw yung mga switch ngayon. I was like WTF! brand new yan tapos Php11,500.00 so mas mahal pa sila sa Honda kasi Php11,000.00 lang sa Honda nung tinawagan ko. And he said na nasa ganun yung mga price na tinanongan nya. I said to ok, cge so mas mahal cya ng konti pro i want assurance na pag nabili ko yun, aandar yung A/C ko. And then he said na sigurado akong aandar yang A/C mo kasi yung lang talaga problema mo kasi maayos naman yung condenser yung blower and other stuff. Aba, Nagulat ako na alam nya na maayos lahat eh di naman niya tinignan kung ok ba. And he insisted again na kunin na. To make the story short, since medyo mahaba na tong post ko. Pinuntahan namin yung shop para ma test yung switch which was on the other side of Banawe, as in kabilang dulo ng Banawe. When we got there I asked if I could see the parts and I saw na medyo sa malayo pa lang, I could tell that it wasn't brand new,it was second and and talagang second hand na, it looked very old and nag yellow na yung white parts and and ang dumi ng mga connectors. It looked older than what my broken part looked like and I could tell that it wasn't brand new because there were no barcodes and kahit walang barcodes, the warranty seal was already replaced with that of the shop's logo which made it pretty obvious that it wasn't new. I asked the attendant if this was brand new, and he said it was surplus. I looked and the sidekick and said to him, sabi mo brand new. Then he looked back sa attendant with an almost surprising look and said, sabi mo brand new, tapos sabay bawi yung attendant and said, brand new pala yan sir, na stock lang na matagal. That's when i realized that they were trying to pull a fast one. I walked out of the shop, asked them to get in the car and went back to the shop. I was very pissed na the sidekick was trying to pull a fast one on me, and he was explaining all the way back na di raw nya nakita and sabi lang ng attendant na brand new. I told him na hindi ako tangga na basta basta lang pwede lokohin so wag kanang mag paliwanang kasi alam ko kung niloloko na ako.

After arriving at the shop, sabi nung sidekick kay Jameson na puntahan daw nya yung isang kotse sa kabila kasi may kulang daw na parts, which I'm, pretty sure he was just saying that to find and excuse to be away while Jameson re-assembles the parts in my car. Going back to Jameson, he was really ok, after the sidekick left, I apologized to him and said that I wasn't mad at him but sa sidekick nya. And he even called up some buddies of his and asked if they knew where i could get the A/C part, which was just my luck na wala. When everything was in order, he told me that he was going to ask around and will text me if may mahanap cya. I asked how much the labor was and just asked Php250.00 sa pag kabit ng stereo. I gave him Php300.00 since binaklas pa nya yung A/C area and check the electrical stuff. And I told him na babalik ako sa kanya pag naayos na A/C ko for the powerlocks and alarm and other electrical needs.

To sum up everything, Jameson is an overall good guy with great skills. Just don't listen to his sidekick when he gives recommendations.

Thanks again to Otep for recommending this guy.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Sory to here that lomster. . .
    Marami na kasing pumupunta kay Jameson kaya dami na ring freelance na nagtatambay sa radiator shop. . . kung di si Jameson ang magpagawa, wag kayong papayag na galawin car nyo...Jameson has gained the trust of Tsikot members pero dami pa ring manloloko dyan...

pero yong nagkakabit ng tint na maliit na mama, nakalimutan ko name nya, magaling yon. . .

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The tint guy si PROTO, I think.

Yes, mabait siya. Not so perfect ang work minsan pero pinakita naman agad sa akin (minor scratch sa glass).

Had Proto do two vehicles already. Yung isa 1 hour pa lang since being driven off the dealer lot. Pero hindi naman na-dumihan or may nasira after his work.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Since he knows electrical stuff, for sure kaya nya mag kabit ng headlight realy kit. I already have the item, labor nalang babayaran ko.I just called Rey's Electrical sa Marikina and they are charging 1,960 just for the install. Quite stiff for me but they have a good reputation naman kaya siguro ganon singil.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Guy Sligh View Post
    Since he knows electrical stuff, for sure kaya nya mag kabit ng headlight realy kit. I already have the item, labor nalang babayaran ko.I just called Rey's Electrical sa Marikina and they are charging 1,960 just for the install. Quite stiff for me but they have a good reputation naman kaya siguro ganon singil.
    im sure he can do it for a lesser price. . . just call him first....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, he can do it.

Today, I had him install a back up sensor with LED display. Linis ng gawa and very fast since there were I think five of them working simultaneously. One hour lang tapos na lahat from start to finish.

My friend's Crosswind will be installed with the same equipment next week [because he accidentally backed into my next door neighbor's trash can :D ]

And as a bonus, he ghetto repainted a scratched portion of the side mirror using rattle can spray per my request. Not exactly show quality, but better than having a white gash on the black mirror housing (sinabit ng tricycle). Not his line of work but just goes to show how far he's willing to go for clients.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Punta ko cya later and update ko kayo later today. Thanks!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    mga sir don sa pupunta kay Jameson paki picturan naman siya para pag punta namin don alam na namin kung sino ang hahanapin baka may magpanggap na siya si Jameson di pala.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    He already installed the relay kit I bought. Saglit lang wala pa 30 minutes hehehe!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kamusta install and magkano charge sir?

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Jemson Thread [new number]