New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    does anybody know where i can buy an inertia switch (like the one on fords) generic types if available.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Dito sir may mabibili na fuel inertia malayo lang sa pinas

Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjeff View Post
    Dito sir may mabibili na fuel inertia malayo lang sa pinas

Tsikot Mobile App
    he he, just trying my luck to find it here. hanapin ko na lang mga nag convert diesel sa kanilang expeditions.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    if your objective is to trip or turn the circuit off upon impact, you can substitute the inertia switch with the front crash sensor for the airbag system

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    thanks jick, that will be equally hard to find here. i had a gm with failed fuel pump relay driver (from pcm) i explained to the customer that if i will ground the relay and i will need a shut-off switch if i'm going to hack it. customer doesn't approve the idea and doesn't want to buy a new pcm so i sent him away.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by t2erns View Post
    thanks jick, that will be equally hard to find here. i had a gm with failed fuel pump relay driver (from pcm) i explained to the customer that if i will ground the relay and i will need a shut-off switch if i'm going to hack it. customer doesn't approve the idea and doesn't want to buy a new pcm so i sent him away.

the pcm driver for the fuel pump relay is only used to pre-pressurize the fuel rail for 3 seconds. when the engine starts, the oil pressure switch takes over to keep the fuel pump running. i.e., if the vehicle is a genuine g.m. product and not a korean daewoo labeled and sold as a g.m.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    it's an 05 trailblazer, i guess it doesn't have back-up circuit from oil pressure switch (like older gms) as per wiring diag.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    The oil pressure switch has three terminals. One is +B, one is a grounding switch for the oil pressure warning light and one feed to the fuel pump circuit. You can use a PNP power transistor with the base connected to the warning light circuit to power the fuel pump

Posted through phlpost.gov.ph

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    [QUOTE=jick.cejoco;2416423]The oil pressure switch has three terminals. One is +B, one is a grounding switch for the oil pressure warning light and one feed to the fuel pump circuit. You can use a PNP power transistor with the base connected to the warning light circuit to power the fuel pump

thanks sir jick, i checked the wiring again for the oil pressure swicth, looks very much different from older gm. the switch for 4.2 liter (subj vehicle) has only 2 terminals just like an ordinary switch, while the 5.3 has 3-pin trasducer (5v ref, ground, and signal). anyway thanks for the idea i can use the switch as a safety cut-off for the pump (on older gms)

CORRECTION: the pcm is supplying b+ to the pump relay not ground
    Last edited by t2erns; October 22nd, 2014 at 01:36 PM.