New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Hi po. Im new here in tsikot, just searching on the net about battery tips and informations and eventually I preferred to browse on this very educational website.

Just wanna ask po what are the indications or signs if I need to replace my battery? I have an Enduro in my car and its almost 4 yrs na. Tanong ko lang po na pag more than 3 yrs na ba ang battery kahit malakas pa naman magkarga ay considered ng dapat palitan?

Well, personally I tested my battery last night, I tried to start the engine while the headlights are on...so far, nag-dim lang ng konti ang headlights ko nung inistart ko. FYI, ang pag-dim po nya ay hinde ganun ka-obvious.

Does this mean, it is a sign for my battery to be replaced?

Or what other DIYs I could do to test if a battery is still good to go...baka pde nyo po ako turuan yung basic testing lang po sana but very accurate and will help me to decide if I need to get a new one na po.

Any responses will be very much welcome. I just want to educate myself when it comes to some parts of my ride.

Thanks a lot

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Motolite Enduros and Excels have a sight glass indicator. Kung blocked na at di na clear, meaning time for replacement na. Pero, this is for worst case na kung blocked na. 1 thing you could do is kung hard starting na kung umaga. Meaning it takes 2 to 3 attempts to start your car, time for battery change na.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Its not a good sample to start the engine while the headlight is on . It add load to the battery . Your battery is an enduro like mine almost 4 years na still strong .No need to replace your battery as long as it served its purpose . You can tell if it already replacesable if in the morning your car wont start when the engine is cold or bring to battery dealer they have tester to test if there a dead cell on it. The only way to make your battery stay long maka sure your alternator is in good condition.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    You can go to any battry shop to have the battery tested. Typically free lang naman ito. tip lang ok na.

They have a device/gadget that will place a resistive load across the battery and have the voltage measured.

kung low maintence, the can check each cell's specific gravity (?) to check if a cell is still good or not

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    * mazingerZ, speed unlimited & meledson...very well said sirs, thank you very much for your responses

* speed...ya I got your point, the reason why I tried to start the engine while the headlights are on was just to test if my battery is still in good condition. Some of my officemates advise me to do so...pero once ko lang naman po ginawa yun. Starting the engine in the morning or even if it wasnt use for about 3-5 days ay 1 click lang po...basta wag lang pong mabibilad sa araw and thats where my problem comes out.

The reason why Im considering to replace my battery cause Im also having the same problem as what these threads has

Not Starting when parked in a direct sunlight???
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69685

hard starting pag nabilad sa araw
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69512

and as what the car experts posted to this threads...the culprit is their battery and after they get a new one ay naging ok na ang status ng vehicles nila.

Only this summer, I had about 5 instances when Im parked without no shades at all, hinde mag-start ang car ko only a small click Im hearing everytime I turned the engine on or crank it.

Fyi, I already brought my car to the electrical shop 2 weeks ago and kinalas nla ang starter & they said they replaced the carbons. The electrician also fixed my ignition switch kasi baka daw wala na sa timing ang susian everytime I turned the ignition on...does this makes any sense?

Replacement of battery na lang po kasi ang hinde ko pa nagagawa since its quite expensive (Enduro Php3,400) and just wanna make sure if its time to get a new battery na po even if in my observation ay malakas pa naman kumarga.

My car is a restored old school Corolla SR 77

Thank you

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    As you've mentioned your battery is already 4 years old and that would translate P1000 a year (P83.3/month) only, considering the cost of new battery (P4K). It already serve you well and might as well replace it to avoid further inconvenience and embarrassment

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    As you've mentioned your battery is already 4 years old and that would translate P1000 a year (P83.3/month) only, considering the cost of new battery (P4K). It already serve you well and might as well replace it to avoid further inconvenience and embarrassment

Noted Mile2 thank you.

I'm not that familiar po kasi sa car especially in batteries, thats why Im askin for some tips and advise if I need to replace my battery for almost 4 yrs na considering na malakas pa naman sya magkarga according to the mechanic this morning. But will also consider your suggestion Mile2 thanks again.

Indications if battery needs replacement?