New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Hi all,

I'm driving a civic 99 vti. I'm having trouble with idling, whenever I turn on A/C idle drops to 2000 rpm. I've tried to clean the throttle body and replacing AICV but still got the same issue.

hoping for any suggestion or any shops that I can visit to have my car check.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    masyadong mataas ang idle mo? pag na reach na ang ideal running temp dapat without a/c about 650rpm, with aircon 900rpm,

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    baka baliktad ung hoses mo. it happened to me before, kunyari inayos ng nagrerepair. un pala binaliktad nya lang ung hoses palabas ng vacuum ng idle. try nu po bka pareho tau

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nago-overheat ka ba? If yes, check and repair cooling system.

Other possible causes:
    1.The fuel pressure regulator may be operating at too low a pressure.
    The Fix: Check fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge. Replace fuel pressure regulator. (Generally not a DIY job)
    2.The ignition timing may be set wrong.
    The Fix: Adjust ignition timing.
    3.There may be some type of ignition problem.
    The Fix: Check and replace distributor cap, rotor, ignition wires and spark plugs.
    4.There may be a fault in the computerized engine control system.
    The Fix: Check engine control systems with a scan tool. Test circuits and repair or replace components as required. (Generally not a DIY job)
    5.There may be a vacuum leak.
    The Fix: Check and replace vacuum lines as required.
    6.You have a bad idle speed control unit.
    The Fix: Replace idle speed control unit.
    7.The alternator may not be working properly.
    The Fix: Replace alternator.

HTH!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    i-up ko lang po ito..ganto rin kase nangyayari sa pregio ko.. parang bumababa yung rpm ko. hindi ko sure kase walang tachometer. base lang ako sa tunog at sa output voltage ng alternator.. anu yung dapat ipacheck? same lang ba as posted above? TIA

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    madaming pwedeng pangalingan from the spark plugs to the distributor, to the iacvs up to the mafs.
    better have it scanned muna, para makita kung saan ang problem.

ang mahirap kasi pag hindi na pinpoint ng exact kung saan nangagaling ang problem, mas lumalaki ang gastos dahil madami ka ng papalitan, pero di pa din maayos ang problem.

had that problem too with my sentra. dami ko ng pinalitan.... to the point na pati distributor napalitan na, high tension wires, pati maf cleaning...

kailangan lang pala ng onting wiring modifications.

now the car runs fine.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    madaming pwedeng pangalingan from the spark plugs to the distributor, to the iacvs up to the mafs.
    better have it scanned muna, para makita kung saan ang problem.

ang mahirap kasi pag hindi na pinpoint ng exact kung saan nangagaling ang problem, mas lumalaki ang gastos dahil madami ka ng papalitan, pero di pa din maayos ang problem.

had that problem too with my sentra. dami ko ng pinalitan.... to the point na pati distributor napalitan na, high tension wires, pati maf cleaning...

kailangan lang pala ng onting wiring modifications.

now the car runs fine.

Hi Sir. Saan mo pinacheck yung Sentra mo?
    Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^actually bro, si jeff tan ang naka solve eh.... after so many tries.

Idle Problem