New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Geez... my batt that lasted 3-4 years (as i mentioned in the previous post) just died out this morning. :blink: :blink: It was on our B14 Sentra with electircal mods only to the headlights (relays + 90/100W bulbs). This is the same Motolite batt we had since the car was purchased brand new in late 1999.

However, i went over my other records and the other cars we had which used Motolite maintainance-free would only last around 2 years or so.

I also checked my Frontier's battery and it already has leaks (Motolite, 1 year+ old).

I think i wanna try another battery. Any one with experience with the Oriental Battery... Would the climate we have be of any relevance to the performance/longevity of imported batteries (i.e. AC Delco)?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    2.5 years motolite...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yung dati kong motolite excel 3yrs inabot. ganun ulit binili ko

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Don't ever, ever get Motolite Gold! Nothing but a rip-off! Lasted 3 months. The dealer gave me the runaround replacing it. Got the same battery for my dad's car, same results. Buyer beware! :roll:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used to have a non maintenance free batt. Outlast. 4 years ko nagamit.

Im using a red Motolite MF batt. So far so good. 1.5years running

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My previous Motolite Gold (15-months warranty) lasted for good'ol 24 months. I currently have my 2nd Motolite Gold installed in my Strada.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Vinj, nope I'm a different Glenn :roll:

I was thinking that I would get another Motolite Excel on my next purchase as my first one has 18 month warranty (I hope this is right), the battery lasted for about 15 months so I got a new one for free. I thought that was a good deal but if AC Delco lasts that long, I think I'll update my battery shopping list.

Is there any way to know if a battery will be needing a replacement?

Is it okay to remove the sticker from an MF battery and then refill it with distilled water?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    super power, 15 months warranty, died on the 16th month..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn
    Vinj, nope I'm a different Glenn :roll:

I was thinking that I would get another Motolite Excel on my next purchase as my first one has 18 month warranty (I hope this is right), the battery lasted for about 15 months so I got a new one for free. I thought that was a good deal but if AC Delco lasts that long, I think I'll update my battery shopping list.

Is there any way to know if a battery will be needing a replacement?

Is it okay to remove the sticker from an MF battery and then refill it with distilled water?
    Yup, pwede pong tanggalin ang sticker ng MF to access the portholes for refilling distilled water. Pero have it done pag-out of warranty ng batt ninyo para kung bumigay ay palit nila agad. Ganito po ginawa ko with my old Motolite Gold after the 15-month warranty expired. And it lasted me 24 months. :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The non-maintainance free batteries last longer. I would still be using this on my pick-up had i not gotten any spillover problems with them (lagi tumatapon yung water while driving)... kinalawang tuloy yung metal plate sa ilalim ng battery. :x

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
how long did your maintenance-free battery last?