New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    battery and alternator lang yan

di naman kailangan ng maraming kaartehan

kung ang na-Ondoy nga na EFI na sasakyan napapatakbo uli di kailangan ng repair manual

kasimpleng battery at alternator pa

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    just hope the guesses are right. without proper diagnoses, it's like driving blindfolded. good luck

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    For safety reasons, always remove first the negative side of the battery.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    My car is a 1996 Corolla GLi. The car is seldom used and the battery has been drained and recharged several times already since I got it in 2009. The last time the battery was recharged was about a month or two ago. Since then the car gets started for about 5 minutes daily. However during the past few days, the battery indicator would still light up even when the car is started. Now I am not sure if I only need to buy a new battery or there could be a deeper problem? The Motolite guy mentioned that there is ground(?) in the battery, I am not sure if I remember it correctly though. I should have the alternator checked daw.

In 2011, I already had the distributor assembly replaced at Tower of David. My car also has an AC problem, it stops blowing cold air in slow traffic or idling. But when it's running fast, it works just fine. There are times when the AC is really cold but often times it's almost just fan. I already had the compressor replaced (original Denso) in 2008 and it cost me 15k!!! I am not sure if all these problems are connected.

Please help me identify my car's problem as I want to have an idea on what needs to get fixed. Also, does anyone know the new contact number of Tower of David? They moved their shop na kasi in Pasong Tamo. I would also appreciate other shop recommendations in Makati or Paranaque area. Thanks!
    sis. Cathy, di ka ba pwede lumayo like Paranaque or Marikina area, may i-rerecommend ako sayong magaling na shop dun..Tricked Out Autoworks.

yung sa aircon issue, yung evaporator kasi ng mga corolla dito sa Pilipinas is maliit compared to those corolla in other countries kaya kahit magpalit ka ng compressor, wala pa rin kwenta..read this for more info....sa ngayon may specific upgrade/conversion ang ginagwa para mas maging malamig ang aircon ng mga AE models...kahit tanghaling tapat

https://www.facebook.com/notes/aenin...66864696793237

(c) raybrig / tricked out autoworks

Last edited by zap.FREEDOM; June 4th, 2013 at 02:04 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    My car is a 1996 Corolla GLi. The car is seldom used and the battery has been drained and recharged several times already since I got it in 2009. The last time the battery was recharged was about a month or two ago. Since then the car gets started for about 5 minutes daily. However during the past few days, the battery indicator would still light up even when the car is started. Now I am not sure if I only need to buy a new battery or there could be a deeper problem? The Motolite guy mentioned that there is ground(?) in the battery, I am not sure if I remember it correctly though. I should have the alternator checked daw.

In 2011, I already had the distributor assembly replaced at Tower of David. My car also has an AC problem, it stops blowing cold air in slow traffic or idling. But when it's running fast, it works just fine. There are times when the AC is really cold but often times it's almost just fan. I already had the compressor replaced (original Denso) in 2008 and it cost me 15k!!! I am not sure if all these problems are connected.

Please help me identify my car's problem as I want to have an idea on what needs to get fixed. Also, does anyone know the new contact number of Tower of David? They moved their shop na kasi in Pasong Tamo. I would also appreciate other shop recommendations in Makati or Paranaque area. Thanks!
    Batteries stored for a long time without being disconnected from the car, become heavily drained since the electrical consumers of the vehicle still rely on the battery for power. That is why it is advisable that when the vehicle is not used for a (long) period of time, the battery should be disconnected (don't ask me how I know). When batteries are fully drained (zero charge) some of them may not come back to life again, kahit anong re-charge ang gagawin mo. The battery plates are made of a compressed metal substance that over time crumbles. These metal particles then settle below the battery floor, when it becomes thick enough, then there is "grounding" (what the motolite guy said). Wherein one battery cell, grounds itself to the adjacent cell. When this occurs, you must replace your battery. Attached is a guide on what I am talking about, topic is on page 3 - 4. Sorry for the technical jargon, but I hope you get what I mean.

http://www.biddlemegger.com/biddle/Battery_AG.pdf

Charging light, it may be just a loose alternator belt, of its the alternator itself. Best thing to do is buy a new battery and bring the car to an electrical shop for diagnosis. My gut feel is that the alternator belt is just loose.

Aircon, in old cars, there is no leakproof/perfect system. I should know about that since I have 4 old cars. The AC system has rubber hoses, rubber seals, O-rings, etc. All of which deteriorate over a period of time, hence there are always minute leaks. The only way to remedy this is to replace all rubber hoses and seals, which may come with an expensive repair bill, or have the shop top-up your freon. Small leaks will always be there, no matter what. But it can be a year or two years before you will "feel" that your freon is a bit low again.

I have a suki aircon shop in the corner of Arnaiz ave and Osmena highway in Bangkal, Makati. The name of the shop is Kristal Aire, its located along the service road, near Makati Cars (show room ng mga rubber boats/Boston whalers). Look for Pocholo, the son of the owner. He has done repair work for all my cars, cleaning, conversion, charging, etc. and I am very satisfied with it. Reasonable prices too.

See here: KRISTAL AIRE AIRCONDITIONING SERVICES

Goodluck
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; June 4th, 2013 at 02:10 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    actually ginagawa ng mga mekaniko yan kaya lang di safe, be prepare sa arcing at electrical surge sa electronic components.
    I'll let the mechanics do it. Takot pa naman ako sa ground. Na ground na kasi ako dati

Dalhin ko muna battery sa shop and they would be able to tell kung pwede pa battery ko? Kilala na nga nila ako dun kasi parati ako parecharge ng battery e

I hope it's just the battery pero ang weird lang na kahit naka start yung car naka red pa dun yung battery indicator
    Last edited by _Cathy_; June 4th, 2013 at 02:17 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    sis. Cathy, di ka ba pwede lumayo like Paranaque or Marikina area, may i-rerecommend ako sayong magaling na shop dun..Tricked Out Autoworks.

yung sa aircon issue, yung evaporator kasi ng mga corolla dito sa Pilipinas is maliit compared to those corolla in other countries kaya kahit magpalit ka ng compressor, wala pa rin kwenta..read this for more info....sa ngayon may specific upgrade/conversion ang ginagwa para mas maging malamig ang aircon ng mga AE models...kahit tanghaling tapat

https://www.facebook.com/notes/aenin...66864696793237

(c) raybrig / tricked out autoworks

I can go to Paranaque. Sige check ko yan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Cat, kung lagi ka nag rerecharge ibig sabihin deads na baterya mo, you should have it replace na.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    sir, never disconnect the battery with the engine running or the ignition switch on correct me if i'm wrong, but i have never seen or read a repair manual instructing you to disconnect an electrical circuit that is live
    +1 ... Never do that in IC charging systems, You will end up frying the one way diodes of the alternator.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post

matagal nang mali yan

imagine your car having a lot of computers and memory, not all cars are sarao
    Sus parang CASA. X-Trail sasakyan ko, di pa naman nasira dahil sa pag tangal ng battery habang umaandar.

My alternator conked out three months ago. Pinabaklas ko at putol na wire lang ang problema sa loob so the my trusted electrician soldered it and replaced the bearing and whala!! 900 lang gastos ko.

Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast