New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Question po mga sir..i have d15b vtec manual engine with P76 901 ecu box, i try to test it if my vtec is really working, i tried running it and didn't even notice change of speed, so what i did to see if vtec is really working it by unpluging the green connector and the socket for the vtec valve or solenoid ba tawag dun then run the car, it was the same and i got no CEL..is this mean that my box is non-vtec box? or my vtec solenoid is busted..please help..

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Personally, would go with the obd1 P08 ecu for that motor, you can get one cheap now, around 65 dollars here(dont know in there) and far with a far better power curve that your stock ecu.

See if also if your engine are real V-TECH, there is a vtec solenoid on the back of the left hand (looking in the engine compartment)side of the head. That's for a d series.

For a b series the vtec solenoid will be right in front of the distributor.

You can test almost any solenoid with a DVOM, if the solenoid shows any resistance at all it probably is good, if you know for sure what voltage the solenoid is. If you suspecting that your VTEC solenoid not working... replace the solenoid. Donot unplug it's connector, you could end up damaging the VTEC system if you leave it crippled while using your car.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Question sir, is P76 stock ecu box for d15b?

- is P76 ecu a vtec box or non-vtec box?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Personally, would go with the obd1 P08 ecu for that motor, you can get one cheap now, around 65 dollars here(dont know in there) and far with a far better power curve that your stock ecu.

See if also if your engine are real V-TECH, there is a vtec solenoid on the back of the left hand (looking in the engine compartment)side of the head. That's for a d series.

For a b series the vtec solenoid will be right in front of the distributor.

You can test almost any solenoid with a DVOM, if the solenoid shows any resistance at all it probably is good, if you know for sure what voltage the solenoid is. If you suspecting that your VTEC solenoid not working... replace the solenoid. Donot unplug it's connector, you could end up damaging the VTEC system if you leave it crippled while using your car.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    Question sir, is P76 stock ecu box for d15b?

- is P76 ecu a vtec box or non-vtec box?

Thanks
    p76 is an OBD1 for SOHC non v-tech.

1. P08 92-95 OBD1 Civic/CRX VTi/VXi (SOHC VTEC)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    quick check sa ecu mo kung VTEC ,unplug mo yung vtec solenoid, at road test mo, kung umilaw yung CEL , check the code kung related sa vtec sol then confirmed, VTEC yan

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ^^tried it. hindi umilaw yung CEL after disconnecting vtec switch / solenoid

pag pinalitan yung box na po8, plug and play lang ba or kailangan re-wiring?

also, tataas ba consumption ng gas?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    may reprogramming diyan para maging vtec , at kailangan mo magdagdag ng wires para sa vtec solenoid papunta sa ecu ,kung wala pa.

Honda P76 ecu box - vtec or non-vtec box???