New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I have an AE101 AT. Just this morning, I saw my distributor having little sparks while engine is turned on and upon inspection I saw that there's a little hole, a slit, a very short slit. I don't know what cause it and it does nothing (yet) on my car. It still runs okay aside from most of the time you have to turn the key twice to get it running (as I have read distributor problems can cause hard starting). Is it critical? Do I have to have the distributor check for any problems or do I just need to replace the cap or just put something on the tiny little hole to cover it up?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions and answers.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Replace the cap... no buts no ifs to save you from other potential problems later

For a "temporary fix", apply rtv silicone.

Sent via Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Replace the cap... no buts no ifs to save you from other potential problems later

For a "temporary fix", apply rtv silicone.

Sent via Tapatalk

thanks sir!

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sorang mura lang ng distributor cap. Palitan na yan kung may any sign of damage

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Sorang mura lang ng distributor cap. Palitan na yan kung may any sign of damage
    may specific brand ba na maganda o original toyota lang?

thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Wala naman. Just get the japanese replacements.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I called Toyorama yesterday. They only have replacement distributor caps. Around P400 lang daw. Get the Japanese brand. Replace the distributor rotor na din kung hindi pa siya napapalitan ever since. P350 lang orig nun.

Hole in Distributor Cap