New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    im looking for a atleast 200 amp or higher output alternator for my 99 honda civic VTi V-Tech. does anyone know where can i get this around manila? thanks in advance ...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    your project is a little bit complicated but you may want to try sacrificing the power steering pump for another alternator just to meet your power requirements.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bambino View Post
    your project is a little bit complicated but you may want to try sacrificing the power steering pump for another alternator just to meet your power requirements.

im refering to Battery Alternator. planning to set up a massive wattage os sound system thats why im looking for a huge amount of amperes to keep my battery chargeall the time . i dont want any voltage drop if possible.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by greygoose_vodka View Post
    im refering to Battery Alternator. planning to set up a massive wattage os sound system thats why im looking for a huge amount of amperes to keep my battery chargeall the time . i dont want any voltage drop if possible.
    just curious, is this a car with entertainment accessory or is this a car built around a boombox? why can't a good headset earphone/speaker do?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    just curious, is this a car with entertainment accessory or is this a car built around a boombox? why can't a good headset earphone/speaker do?
    wearing a headset/earphone while driving is not actually safe. i already indicated that i am planning to install a huge amount of wattage of sound system! im looking at around 1800w - 2000w total power of system. i hope i explain it well now.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    what if you use a hearing aid instead?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by greygoose_vodka View Post
    I already indicated that i am planning to install a huge amount of wattage of sound system!
    You don't have to be rude about replying to Jick's inquiry. Try to limit your use of the (!) mark as it denotes shouting/aggressive/childish behavior.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    tanong lang po since this thread is about alternator. may bad effect po ba sa alternator(90 amp) ko. yung replacement battery na nabili ko is 70 amp my stock battery ampere rating is 90 amp (rocket brand)?
    Last edited by valskie01; October 20th, 2010 at 10:47 PM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    try to look at yellow pages got mine a 150amp alternator somewhere in masangkay st manila. have to remove the aircon and rebore the 2liter engine para mapaikot lang ng maganda yung alternator.

High Amp Alternator