New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yesterday, after driving from Makati to Marikina, I parked the car and turned off the engine. When I tried to start it again, there was no response - no clicks or redondo. Headlights, horn and other accs are working. Tried to jumpstart the car but it didnt work. My battery is around 3yrs old now but i never had any hard-starting issues with it.

Xtrail is 2003 model 2.0 A/T.

Hope you can help me what to check with the car.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ignition switch? starter solenoid? either of these may not be user-serviceable..
    ask a mechanic to take a look. i think they can crawl under the car and use their magic screwdriver to differentiate the two.. (serious!).
    good luck.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Thanks dr. D.

Will do that.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PATVIL View Post
    Yesterday, after driving from Makati to Marikina, I parked the car and turned off the engine. When I tried to start it again, there was no response - no clicks or redondo. Headlights, horn and other accs are working. Tried to jumpstart the car but it didnt work. My battery is around 3yrs old now but i never had any hard-starting issues with it.

Thanks in advance.
    Try cranking with shifter in neutral

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    May after market alarm ka? Kung meron, baka yan ang may problema. Yung cut off nyan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Have you checked the fuse?

Sent from my SC-01E using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Seems like the problem is the ignition switch. We tried to wiggle the key in and the engine started.

Thanks for your inputs guys.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I tried starting the car just now but it wont start again. I'll have it towed to servitek tomorrow.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I tried starting the car just now but it wont start again. I'll have it towed to servitek tomorrow.
    you know, we live relatively near the auto parts stores. what we do sometimes, is to call up them stores and ask them to send an independent mechanic (yung mga nakatambay wsa tabitabi) to our house. we describe the problem and they come around bringing with them what they think may be the parts needed to repair the car..
    it's cheaper than having the car towed to the shop. sometimes, the parts neeeded aren't what they brought, and extra trips are needed. but hey, it's still cheaper and faster than towing...
    we can also drive by these stores and ask the mechanic to ride with us...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Thanks in advance.

at this age, the starter carbon brushes are more than likely worn out. this would make the no click, no crank symptom since the hold-in coil coil of the starter is not strong enough to pull the solenoid plunger and requires the pull-in coil which is grounded through the carbon brushes and the armature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast