New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Problem ko po, nakailaw yung battery indicator sa dashboard ko kahit naka start na engine.

Ganito po kasi nangyari, inayos ko kasi yung wiring ng amp sound setup ko, kaso habang nakapatay engine, napagdikit ko yung positive at negative wiring ng papuntang amp, nagspark siya ng onti pero ok parin naman, tumutunog parin nung tinry ko. Sinundo ko asawa ko, di ko napansin kung nakailaw na yung batt indicator nun, pero mga halos 2.5hrs din akong nagdrive nun, 1hr dun naka-aircon pa ko at buong biyahe ko ginagamit ko yung sounds. Tapos nakauwi na ko ng bahay, after 30mins, umalis uli ako, kaso naka-on na lagi yung batt indicator. Nagdrive ako ng mga 15mins tapos chineck ko yung batt voltage, nasa 12.44v nalang. Normal niya naman ng naka-on ang makina, nasa 14v. So pinatay ko muna makina. After 3hrs, chineck ko uli, nasa 12.32v nalang, kaya nagdrive uli ako ng mga 15mins, tapos chineck ko uli voltage, nasa 12.2 nalang. tinry ko irev habang chinecheck yung reading kaso di tumataas yung voltage.

Tanong ko lang sana kung possible bang nasira ko yung alternator ko ng ganun ganun lang? or may fuse ba ang alternator na posibleng napasabog ko? or kung ano kayang tingin niyong prob nung wiring ko? TIA!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    It is not charging alright. The important details were left out and too much less important info. What is the year, make, model and mileage of the car?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    It is not charging alright. The important details were left out and too much less important info. What is the year, make, model and mileage of the car?
    Ahh sir sorry nakalimutan ko nga pala yun, Lancer 2001 model siya yung extended yung bumper. Mileage niya nasa 127k.

Yung alternator nga pala sir halos 3 months palang, nakuha kong refurbished. Last na check ko ng charging niya bago nagkaproblema, last week pa po. Ok pa charging nun.
    Yung battery same din po, Outlast na blue, halos 3 months palang din po,

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Since you crossed some wires, there is ample possibility a fuse or two blew. All wires going to and leaving the alternator have fuses save the ground wire if any

5. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    I also believe it's not charging properly or at all.

If you want to check, start and run the engine to idling temperature.
    Disconnect the battery at the terminals with engine running.
    A good alternator should be able to sustain car operations even with A/C and headlights on.
    However, your decreasing voltage readings show signs of charging failure. I recall my voltage reading at 14-15V when charging.

If so, check the fuses and relays (if any) in your charging system.
    If still malfunctioning, check the voltage regulator.
    I believe the voltage regulator of the 2001 Lancer is already diode type. It is compact and fastened to the sides of the alternator itself.
    Hopefully the coils of the alternator were not damaged and need to rewire.

If I confirmed that it is indeed the alternator, sometimes its better to get a surplus alternator than to have it rewired or have the diode fixed.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009

Never do this obsolete and erroneous "trick". The voltage spike or surge can fry sensitive electronics or other circuits. Please make sure your recommendations are currently correct

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i was supposed to say na baka IC lang ng alternator ang sira the reason why the alternator light is on sa dash, but bumababa ang voltage mo, meaning that the alternator is faulty.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Please excuse me for butting in but how can the alternator go dead when the short circuit happened when the engine was off? Shouldn't the battery go first?

I think this is one of those incidents that exhibit why you should always disconnect your battery when working on your car's electrical system.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Please make sure your recommendations are currently correct
    I stand corrected. My apologies. . .

To TS:

Please bring your 2001 Lancer to Mitsubishi Motors for proper and guaranteed diagnostics and repair.
    It is strongly advised that you install only OEM parts else render your warranty null and void.
    Installation of surplus or refurbished parts may cause irreperable damage to your vehicle.

Thank you for patronizing Mitsubishi Motors for 14 years. . .joke lang po

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Please excuse me for butting in but how can the alternator go dead when the short circuit happened when the engine was off? Shouldn't the battery go first?

I think this is one of those incidents that exhibit why you should always disconnect your battery when working on your car's electrical system.
    Oo nga sir mali ko talagang nakakabit yung battery nung nag ayos ako.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast