New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi Tsikoteers,

hope somebody can assist or look for a good shop that can install a tachometer to my Suzuki APV.

tried a number of electrical shops in my area and discovered that its quite hard to install a tachometer on my engine.

Details:

Suzuki APV Gen1
    G16A Engine (EFI - Distributor less type)

co APV owners said that it needs to be tapped daw directly from the ECU.

another electrician said that I need a shop that has a computer that can connect to the ECU to find the signal line for the tachometer...

thanks in advance!
    Last edited by olidotcom; January 31st, 2011 at 06:48 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    Hi Tsikoteers,

hope somebody can assist or look for a good shop that can install a tachometer to my Suzuki APV.

tried a number of electrical shops in my area and discovered that its quite hard to install a tachometer on my engine.

Details:

Suzuki APV Gen1
    G16A Engine (EFI - Distributor less type)

co APV owners said that it needs to be tapped daw directly from the ECU.

another electrician said that I need a shop that has a computer that can connect to the ECU to find the signal line for the tachometer...

thanks in advance!

if your car came with COP ( coil on plug) or with waste spark system, you can use the ignition driver leading to one coil, it does not matter which one since you are only after the engine rpm. just make sure your tach is of high impedance that it won't burn your computer's ignition driver. there has to be a tap for the tach. just ask the dealership for the location of the connector.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ups ko lang po.. gusto ko rin po palagyan yung sa pregio ko..wala kaseng tachometer.. mga magkanu kaya at saan merong gumagawa nito near muntinlupa area? TIA

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ups ko lng po..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gtamp View Post
    ups ko lng po..
    try tapping into negative side of the ignition coil. or, tap into the injector driver (negative side of the injector harness).

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    diesel van yung pregio....alternator ang signal source niyan di ba?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    try tapping into negative side of the ignition coil. or, tap into the injector driver (negative side of the injector harness).
    yun ang problema no idea kung saan yung negative side ng ignition coil maski injector driver

anyways thanks po...

eh halimbawa sa nissan urvan na 18str..wala ding tachometer eh? pwede bang lagyan ng tachometer?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    diesel van yung pregio....alternator ang signal source niyan di ba?
    diesel nga yung pregio ko..anu po ibig sabihin na alternator ang signal source..di po ba yung alternator eh power supply source?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    *gtamp

yun ang problema no idea kung saan yung negative side ng ignition coil maski injector driver
    Kung diesel ang kotse ay wala nga itong ignition coil.

Pero sagutin ko na rin para sa mga may ignition coil ang kotse.

Ang negative ng ignition coil ay yun naka connect sa contact point. Kung magnetic pickup ang gamit ay ang negative wire ng ignition coil ay nakakabit sa Exciter or Transistor.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Mga sir bakit po kaya ayaw gumana ng tachometer ng Hyundai grace ko minsan nagana pero hanggang 1k rpm LNG?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Help!: How to install a Tachometer on G16A Engine (distributor-less)