New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Mga Sirs / Ma'ams,

Nahulugan po ng anak ko ang CD player (Alpine Brand) ng REVO 03 namin. Nagtanong po ako sa auto shop dito sa amin ang sabi po eh kelangan po tanggalin ang buong dash board just to retrieve the coin and mahal po ang labor since tatanggalin nga po yung buong dash board. Ganun po ba talaga or pwedeng yung CD player slot lang ang tanggalin at mare-retrieve na yung coin? Di ko po kasi makita kung may screw or something na pwedeng pagtanggalan ang CD player. Has anyone encountered this? TIA po!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Do you still have the clips (2 metal things that you slip at the side of the stereo to remove it)? You have to remove the frame of the stereo to expose the allowance between the dash and the stereo, in order for you to slip this metal clips to release it's lock then pull out the stereo from the dash ( so no need to take off the dash), have it serviced by a qualified technician. If you are still at a loss on how to do it, then I suggest you bring it to a car accessories store and have them uninstall your stereo.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    You will probably have to take it to the dealership to take care of this. They'll have to remove the player, then open up the top of it to get the coins out I would think. Not sure of any home remedy for this, I wouldn't recommend inserting anything in there to try and get them out. As you might damage the laser lens or motors on the cd player.
    If you're brave enought to fix the player with power off I'd try the following.

1) flashlight and tweezers

2) double-sided tape

WARNING, MAY SERIOUSLY RUIN YOUR PLAYER. TRY AS A LAST RESORT.

Put some double-sided tape on the bottom of a metal ruler or other thin, strong object. Stick in slot, gently, and go fishing for coins. Do not do this with the player on. And know that if you get any of this on the DVD's read head, it's going to be unhappy. I'd try putting the ruler in less than 1/2 the diameter of the DVD slot, on the assumption that the coins aren't far in and that the read head may be on the "far side" of the player, but there's no guarantee of this.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If it's a standard single-DIN head unit, you'll need the extractor pins to pull out the head unit. These are strips of metal that you insert through sides of the head unit panel ... pushing it in unlocks the HU chassis and you simply pull out the head unit until you can remove the antenna plug and the connector/s for the rest of the wires.

Most double-DIN head units are screwed directly to the dashboard's frame. Cars with double-DIN's usually have a dashboard center panel that can be dismantled so you can take out the head unit without removing the whole dashboard.

If it's a not a standard-sized head unit, you'll have to refer to the car's service manual on how to take it out.

Once you have it out, check the HU casing. Most head units have small arrows stamped on the casing showing which screws hold the casing together ... if not, a careful visual inspection (and some common sense) will tell you which screws you are after.

You only need to take apart the outer casing, so stay well away from the disc drive's laser assembly.

The disc tray has lots of empty space that will make sure the coin would have fallen on one side of the casing. A gentle shake should dislodge it if it's stuck.

Use a digital camera or phone cam beforehand to avoid confusion when putting it back together.

HTH

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    a few months back, my byenan said sira daw cd palyer nung oto nya... di daw mag load ng cd... nung minsan wala akong magawa, I got a flash light, removed the face panel of the HU and used 2 call card to open the felt "doors" of the CD slot, and from there nakita ko yung piso, buti na sa harap lang, so i managed to fish it out, then i loaded a cd, kala ko kasi ok na kasi naalis na yung piso, pero ayaw mag play, so eject. lakaing gulat ko pag eject ng cd kasama isang call card at yung picture ng Sto. Nino. after that ok ng yung player.

well kids will always be kids, kaya ginwa namin cut ng manipis na film ng x-ray tapos inipit sa likod ng face to block the cd slot, di naman sila madalas mag cd so ok na din kesa madali ulit nung apo nya.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    You're right, hahaha ... Kids will always be kids.
    I hope the little person didn't get into trouble.

Help! CD player nahulugan ng coin