New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    my ae111's power antenna blags once it is fully rolled up or down. What seems to be the problem? anong pwedeng kong gawin?

thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    is it still original or aftermarket power antenna?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    is it still original or aftermarket power antenna?
    sir, its the original power antenna. I was just thinking if it needs some lubrication or what.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka may naipit na gears. yup, you can try lubing it up para walang sabit. yan kasi sakit ng mga power antenna eh. kaya ako, pinadisconnect ko na akin ever since nasira and pinagawa na twice...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sometimes the plastic "wick" gear has worn out and needs to be replaced. But the likely culprit is a "sensor" (actually a contact point) inside the antenna motor which detects either full up or full down position. Might be dirty only.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 24th, 2005 at 10:04 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    baka nasira na yung antenna rod gear (its plastic)....you might have to check if they sell replacement antenna rod.

Kung DIYer ka, madali lang kalasin yan....I was able to "adjust" my power antenna na nabali sa base...I removed the sira and now it's shorter but still works.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yeah like the civic ek's power antenna, always broke down. durable ones are the nissans i think, my ex cefiro's antenna was still working like new and silent too even after 70k kms, and our ex 98 frontier's power antenna was faultless.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    thanks guys, i will lube it when i get back from dagupan. Am planning to use wd40.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    yeah like the civic ek's power antenna, always broke down. durable ones are the nissans i think, my ex cefiro's antenna was still working like new and silent too even after 70k kms, and our ex 98 frontier's power antenna was faultless.
    The Japan market based Nissan antennas are okay ('97-'00 Cefiro, Frontier, etc)... the ones from the Taiwan market suck big time ('01 Sentra Grandeur).

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by carlocaraddict
    thanks guys, i will lube it when i get back from dagupan. Am planning to use wd40.

try mo KY Jelly pre... mas tatagal ang lub... parang grasa....

help on AE111's power antenna