New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi All,

Sana may makatulong. Last Friday nung nagsundo ako sa GF ko habang nag-aantay sa kanya while my car is idle, (bale naka-on yung car with a/c, wiper and hazard) then maya maya biglang humina yung ilaw then hanggang namatay. Buti nalang may kasama ako marunong mag jumpstart so tulak ako.

Next day pinacheck ko yung battery ko (4mos old) sabi sa akin ayaw daw magcharge nang battery kapag sabay yung headlight at A/C dapat daw 1 lang dun nakabukas and he advise me (motolite personnel) to go to shop and palinis daw yung alternator. Ask ko lang kung anu kaya possible na sira nito and mga how much kaya? Balak ko kasi dalhin sa shop pero natatakot akong tagain ako sa price. Wala akong ibang accessories except sa default sterio. My car is Honda LX 95.

TIA

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    The first thing you should do always check when diagnosing a no-start problem is the condition of the battery and state-of-charge. The battery may be run down, but a good battery will accept and hold a charge, and deliver the rated number of amps on demand. A bad battery won't accept a charge and cannot supply its normal supply of amps because the cells are damaged or worn out. You have said its brand new so I believe still in warranty.
    Bring it into a mechanic shop that has a voltmeter to check your battery charge, even if it has a built-in charge indicator. Built-in charge indicators only read one cell, not all six cells. If another cell is bad, you cannot tell by looking at the charge indicator. So make sure they are equiped w/ that.
    Keep in mind regardless of the test method or equipment used to test a battery, make sure your battery is fully recharged before install into your car. The alternator is designed to maintain battery charge, not to recharge a dead battery.
    Overloading the charging system with a dead battery can tax it to the point that it may fry your alternator.
    Now if your car has a history of repeat alternator failures, it might mean the battery is not building up normal resistance as it accepts a charge. You might as well have someone check your alternator.
    Last edited by v6dreamer; September 28th, 2009 at 04:08 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it seems that the alternator does not charge the battery. just have it checked.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi All,

So alternator problem lang ba to? Possible ba na walan sira yung aircon at headlights wiring ko? Thanks! Pasencia na ayoko lang talaga magoyo sa presyo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kindly refer to the following thread:

NEED ADVISE: Vehicle/Engine submerged in flood water [MERGED]

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63374

Headlight + Aircon wont charge Battery