New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Do you have experiences on these alternator replacement brands, like blitz, GTX or Maxx? Or do you recommend other brands, aside from the ever reliable OEM which will cost you an arm and a leg from the dealers?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    Do you have experiences on these alternator replacement brands, like blitz, GTX or Maxx? Or do you recommend other brands, aside from the ever reliable OEM which will cost you an arm and a leg from the dealers?
    you might consider,
    in the few times that my original alternator died,
    i opted to have them repaired, in lieu of getting a replacement alternator. cost me less than 5K. it's cheaper than a brand new alternator of any brand.
    and after a several years, they stayed fixed.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    you might consider,
    in the few times that my original alternator died,
    i opted to have them repaired, in lieu of getting a replacement alternator. cost me less than 5K. it's cheaper than a brand new alternator of any brand.
    and after a several years, they stayed fixed.
    Yes, I have reconsidered your option. Unfortunately, my original alternator needs a rectifier, diode and IC replacement and all the auto supplies where I am located do not have it. The electrician said that assuming they have the part, when you buy those parts, they have a no return policy since it is an electrical part. And so, if you are unlucky to have a defective part, you'll be buying again and pay for labor again. A number of friends who took that route was not very lucky or if they did, the alternator did not last them a year that they needed to replace it again. That is why I am considering to buy a replacement one instead but I am in a crossroad as to what brand I will be buying. But if I only needed a carbon brush, I would surely retain the original one.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Yes, I have reconsidered your option. Unfortunately, my original alternator needs a rectifier, diode and IC replacement and all the auto supplies where I am located do not have it. The electrician said that assuming they have the part, when you buy those parts, they have a no return policy since it is an electrical part. And so, if you are unlucky to have a defective part, you'll be buying again and pay for labor again. A number of friends who took that route was not very lucky or if they did, the alternator did not last them a year that they needed to replace it again. That is why I am considering to buy a replacement one instead but I am in a crossroad as to what brand I will be buying. But if I only needed a carbon brush, I would surely retain the original one.
    i limped my car over to yock's.
    the guy simply replaced a few parts. finished in under an hour.
    "hecho derecho."
    if the part he sources is defective, he simply gets another part. no extra expense to me.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    i limped my car over to yock's.
    the guy simply replaced a few parts. finished in under an hour.
    "hecho derecho."
    if the part he sources is defective, he simply gets another part. no extra expense to me.
    That surely is a good deal from what I have here in the province. If I had the same option like yours, I surely will take that

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    That surely is a good deal from what I have here in the province. If I had the same option like yours, I surely will take that
    walang alternator shop in your heck of the woods!??

i am now wondering,
    meron bang tumatanggap sa maynila ng alternator repair, sent from costumer and sent back to costumer via delivery service?

someone here posted a while back, that the "cheap" replacement alternators do not last long.
    he voiced that repairing one's original alternator might be the better deal in the long run...

if i may ask,
    what car are you, and what pruvinsya po kayo?
    Last edited by dr. d; December 19th, 2020 at 09:34 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    walang alternator shop in your heck of the woods!??

i am now wondering,
    meron bang tumatanggap sa maynila ng alternator repair, sent from costumer and sent back to costumer via delivery service?

someone here posted a while back, that the "cheap" replacement alternators do not last long.
    he voiced that repairing one's original alternator might be the better deal in the long run...

if i may ask,
    what car are you, and what pruvinsya po kayo?
    That was the advice given to me ng electrical shop when I asked for warranty ng trabaho in case magpapagawa ako. He only does the labor and ask his customers to purchase the parts, which I believe is better but since hindi available ang parts dito sa Iloilo City, that is where my problem started. The alternator is for the Isuzu 4JG2 engine.
    Actually if the parts are available lang, for sure I will take the risk of buying the parts and have the electrician install it to retain my original alternator, but since hindi available, seems I have no other option but to settle for a replacement

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I tried Blitz alternator (110A) for my old L200 which cost 4500 3 years ago. It should've lasted longer if it wasn't for Mitsubishi's damn design! The power steering pump had a major leak and killed the alternator which sits directly below the PS pump.
    I had tried repairs too but it doesn't last long enough, maybe few months. I guess electricians here in our area are not that good or they do shitty jobs on it for profit.