New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Refurnished alternators karamihan ng outlet stores. What they do is change the brush and bearings with new ones then assemble it back. Sometimes the voltage regulator is also changed.

Sayang naman kung bibili ka ng new alternator na saksakan ng mahal, kadalsan 1 or 2 parts lang ang may sira.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mga pare i already brought my ride to a battery shop they said mahina daw charging ng alternator ko. 2 shops pinuntahan ko and they said the same thing. so does this mean pwedeng i-repair na lang alternator ko instead of buying a surplus one? thanks.

btw, san po exact location ng tower of david sa espana? thanks again!
    Last edited by jg2003; March 11th, 2004 at 08:30 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    repair na lang para tipid.. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you decide to have the alternator repaired, better allot on whole day or sometimes half day (if you get lucky) to get it fixed.

Tower of David Espanya branch is at the corner of Maceda St. You won't miss it, Motolite and other shops share the same compound.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Originally posted by garyq
    ano ba yung ride mo? meron mga considerations kasi yan. Baka nga mahina lang battery o dapat paltan. Have a battery shop (2 or 3) check kung nagcha-charge pa yung alternator mo. Kung hindi na all the shops will show you this. Kung nag cha-charge pa then look kung ilan volts pa pumapasok sa battery mo. Pag mahina na then they will have to overhaul your alternator. Sa Rey's sa Tuazon(Marikina) 450 ang labor then you have to pay for the carbon brushes and bearings (which is better to replace). Di kasama dyan kung sira yung mga rectifiers coz alternators produce AC current and the rectifiers convert this to DC. How many amps ba yung alternator mo? The other day I asked, yung 85 amps nila is around 6800. But that's for an alternator with the pump sa likod. Kung gas ang rig mo then normally walang pump sa likod. HTH!
    how many volts ba dapat ang kinakarga ng alternator sa baterya?
    10-12 volts?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    buknoy2002::: I think you may have missed your old thread.

- Alternator meter readings

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sa wizzards may kamahalan...

pero ok naman..

sila naghanap nun alternator para sa alfa romeo.. pinagkasya galing sa range rover

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hey jg2003,

musta na alternator mo?

within Las Pinas area, try Tonguia along CAA road, its near Casimiro Ph3, Shell and LP Doctors Hosp.

HTH.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hi bogart,

tomm (saturday) ko pa lang papaayos alternator ko. ok ba dun sa Tonguia? never been there kc. thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
good alternator shop