New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Good day tsikot pips!

I'm in need of the schematic diagrams for the glow plug circuit as well as the battery starting/charging circuit.

What happened last monday is that it went well with the first morning start. It acted up on the second start by afternoon. good thing weather is hot, engine started ok. Glow plug checklamp and battery checklamp do not illuminate. Any help would be appreciated. I'll be looking at the problem this coming Friday.

TIA

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    Good day tsikot pips!

I'm in need of the schematic diagrams for the glow plug circuit as well as the battery starting/charging circuit.

What happened last monday is that it went well with the first morning start. It acted up on the second start by afternoon. good thing weather is hot, engine started ok. Glow plug checklamp and battery checklamp do not illuminate. Any help would be appreciated. I'll be looking at the problem this coming Friday.

TIA

what is the make, year of production, model, engine and mileage of your chariot?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Hindi kaya sa relay or sa fuse lang yan? Musta naman yung battery mo, ok pa?

Good day tsikot pips!

TIA
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Oops sorry forgot to mention. I am not sure if the vehicle model will work this time since it is a mitsu mighty max 4d56turbo (originally G54B a.k.a. 4G54). Previous owner converted it from gas to diesel so I am not yet fully adept with the "modified" wiring.....How does a glowplug relay looks like? like the usual bosch 4- or 5-pin relay? how about the timer, looks like what?

to be an auto electrician, you must be a good body contortionist.hehehehe....

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    did a quick check on fuses....seems to be ok. will repeat all checks on fuses and troubleshoot by friday or saturday. fusebox is toyota and i have to double check if the schematics printed on the cover was followed. horn, starter, fan are the only things i checked with respect to correct connection as per fusebox cover diagram.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    no honey right now so please spare me the glowplugs........btw, glow plug wire is connected directly to cyl#3 then from there the plate distributes the juice to the other 3. seems to me a parallel connection, not a series. am i right?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    no honey right now so please spare me the glowplugs........btw, glow plug wire is connected directly to cyl#3 then from there the plate distributes the juice to the other 3. seems to me a parallel connection, not a series. am i right?
    series dapat yung glow plug. Timer usually nasa likod ng glove compartment. Better have an electrician check it out IMO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    got some info from pocuk.com. hindi ko na nakopya yung exact link.....my truck have 2 cylindrical thingy near the battery similar to what i saw at pocuk.

from the looks of the wiring in-vehicle, it may look like a series....what i'm thinking about is this: if 1 glow plug burns out, you can't use the others. then this type of wiring is not reliable. there must always be a plan B. the rest should always function. and if you want the rest to function, then parallel wiring......plus the glow plugs have one hot wire feeding them distributed to each glow plug via the plate. the return to ground is the glow plug body threaded to the cylinder head. i dunno but i doubt the info on the internet that says series wired.

bad thing i don't have my tester with me.

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Another that disturbs me is that the battery checklamp also failed to illuminate the same time....hoping for more inputs esp. on that schematic wiring diagram....

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    have your coolant temperature sensor or switch checked. then check for power to the glow plugs when the engine is cold and the ignition switch in the on position within 15 seconds after the switch is on. also, check the module. usually, it contains the timer to power your glow plugs up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Glow Plug and Battery Check lamps does not come on....schematics please.