New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Please suggest a good place to have my car's speedometer checked and fixed. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kglzone View Post
    Please suggest a good place to have my car's speedometer checked and fixed. Thank you.

anu problem sa speedometer sir? di bah gumagana?? pag ganun eh malamang maluwag yung speedometer cable....maybe sira na....or maluwag lang yung socket sa cluster gauge...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    You need to say what type of car dude.

Some cars have speed sensors. Others do it mechanically.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Nissan Cefiro (97) , gauge is faulty it goes up and down randomly. I also want to fix another problem ( the remote security lock doesn't work) Any good electircal shop? I've read about speedyfix, do you think its a good idea to bring it there? or do you have any other suggestion?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Cefiro 97. I guess that's with speed sensor and injected car.

I'd say 80% it's just your speed sensor dude. Go to some surplus shop and have a new one installed then check if it works na. No need for an electrician since this is plug and play. If i remember correctly it's just three screws and a plug which you have to press on the socket to remove. Check the socket if it's not corroded if so then replace socket as well. Make sure they don't use electric tape and the sticky sorts. Have it soldered properly with heat shrink tubes.

The remote security lock you can have it done in any car audio shops that sell alarm systems. Just make sure they don't use electrical tape or make tali lang per hand. Professionally it has to be soldered and isolated with heat shrink tubes.

Heat shrink tubes you can buy in ACE na. it's 87~110php depending on the size. Solder lead is 75php and soldering iron 100~300php depending on brand.

If these are not soldered properly wala rin babalik at babalik ung symptoms after a year or month.

Gauge Problem, any suggestion?