New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi sirs, I just bought a 2nd hand vehicle. my problem is with the lights of the dashboard. mahina na po that it is difficult to see the gauge readings at night. What is your suggestion way to solve this problem sirs?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Change the bulbs. 5watt bulbs should make it brighter/ Dami sa Banawe, mga 20 bucks each.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Two possible causes:

1. Some bulbs may be busted/broken
    2. The inside of the instrument cluster is dirty

If you're into it, you can DIY the disassembly of your gauge cluster to check the condition of all the bulbs. You can detail the inside while you're at it.

My officemate's 98 Civic had blurred and somewhat foggy gauge cluster. Nung binaklas nya at nilinis yung loob, nagmukhang brand new yung cluster at maliwanag na sa gabi. Dinamay na rin nya yung mga buttons ng A/C at defogger at lumiwanag yung mga backlight icons nila kapag binuksan yung parklight.

Caution lang at ingatan yung mga internals ng gauge cluster. The cleaning process requires a lot of patience.... and cotton buds.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tomtom View Post
    Hi sirs, I just bought a 2nd hand vehicle. my problem is with the lights of the dashboard. mahina na po that it is difficult to see the gauge readings at night. What is your suggestion way to solve this problem sirs?

thanks
    anong oto? madali lang i DIY yan....

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I replaced the 5W bulbs, medyo lumiwanag ng konti pero gusto ko mas maliwanag pa. Meron bang mga LED type bulb na pwede sa guages? I want it bright and white.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Madali lang yan. Replace the bulbs. Mga P10/each. Sa banawe mo na ipakabit if you don't know how.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Pwede yung LED pero it will produce "hotspots". Hindi even yung lighting niya unlike conventional bulbs. Best bet is to use super white bulbs. BI Hybrid yata yung brand then remove the condom.

Use a plastic polish na din to restore the plastic cover of the gauge.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    Sir, paano mo baklasin (DIY) yung gauge lights for corolla gli? Tinanggal ko yung 2 screws sa taas pero ayaw niyang kumalas sa baba...pa-assist naman po. try to replace the bulb with 5W and clean the glass. Thanks po.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    try to pull the bezel outward. but before you do that check muna if there are screws. pero i'm positive its being held by a clip lang.

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    Thanks sa reply. Tinignan ko kung meron screws sa baba pero wala ako napansin...dun lang sa taas. Kelangan ko bang baklasin yung sa baba ng steering wheel? thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gauge lights