New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I was running the engine in the garage and was switching the flash to pass signal in the stalk towards me three times and was working and the next time I did it, it was not working anymore which includes the dashboard indicator. What could be the problem? Does this function also have a relay? All other electrical functions are good including the hi and low beams (even the dashboard hi beam indicator is working), signal indicator and hazard lights. I also checked the fuse, and it is good. What could be wrong? Could it be the stalk?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jakewise View Post
    I was running the engine in the garage and was switching the flash to pass signal in the stalk towards me three times and was working and the next time I did it, it was not working anymore which includes the dashboard indicator. What could be the problem? Does this function also have a relay? All other electrical functions are good including the hi and low beams (even the dashboard hi beam indicator is working), signal indicator and hazard lights. I also checked the fuse, and it is good. What could be wrong? Could it be the stalk?
    well,
    if everything else checks out ok,
    then it must be the stalk switch.
    google it, sir.
    baka may easy troubleshoot-fix.

errr,
    what car, po?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well,
    google it, sir.

errr,
    what car, po?
    thanks for the reply, its a MB w202 C220. Funny, this morning, I tried it again and it worked but after 5 tries, it stopped and it went back okay again. I was wondering if it has a relay since I cannot seem to notice it, was hoping someone can advise me if there is. Otherwise, it must be the contacts of the stalk but google said there is no easy fix but to remove the steering wheel to access the terminals so I can clean it up if I wanted to. Just having second thoughts as I might break something, hehe

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    well,
    google it, sir.

errr,
    what car, po?
    thanks for the reply, its a MB w202 C220. Funny, this morning, I tried it again and it worked but after 5 tries, it stopped and it went back okay again. I was wondering if it has a relay since I cannot seem to notice it, was hoping someone can advise me if there is. Otherwise, it must be the contacts of the stalk but google said there is no easy fix but to remove the steering wheel to access the terminals so I can clean it up if I wanted to. Just having second thoughts as I might break something, hehe

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    What car model? Some have relays, some dont.. the stalk is directly switching the lights..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    What car model? Some have relays, some dont.. the stalk is directly switching the lights..
    It is a MB W202 C220 1997 model

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    do you need the wiring diagram?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Better to check the stalk switch.. check the contacts.. clean with a fast drying contact cleaner..