New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    guys, i need your help. i have a mitsubishi galant 90 super saloon (carb) whose battery drains really fast (few minutes to few hours to overnight).

here's the story. i didn't use the car for a few weeks then when i tried to start it, there was virtually no power (no battery charge left). since the battery was more than 3 years old i decided to change it with a brand new one. when i started the car there was smoke from somewhere in the engine bay but it started fine so i disregarded it.

after a few days the car wouldn't start again so i began to suspect that there was a short circuit somewhere. i jump started the car and it ran fine but when i turned it off and tried to start it again after a few hours, the battery was totally drained.

my question is, what do you guys think is the problem? alternator? a short circuit somewhere? dead battery cell? further, do you know a reputable auto electrical shop in sta. rosa laguna? i really need to have this fixed ASAP. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

p.s. sorry for the long post

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Pinaqkamainam gawin diyan dalin mo na lang sa kakilala mong auto electrical shop mas alam nila at may pang test sila kung grounded . Mahirap mang hula maraming pinanggagalingan kung may grounded sa wiring mo. Sabi mo wala kang kilala na auto electrical shop pwede naman sa hindi mo kilala hingi ka lang ng second opinion libre naman check up kadalasan.
    Last edited by speed unlimited; August 23rd, 2010 at 09:25 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^yeah, i know, that's why i'm asking if you guys know of a reputable auto electrical shop near or within sta. rosa laguna. there's one here, rey's electricals near belair but when i took my car there, they appeared as if they didn't want to (or didn't know how to) fix it.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    don't know in sta rosa, pero kung maka daan ka sa las pinas madami dito magaling sa electrical lalo na sa sasakyan.. sa zapote area at sa may malapit sa dating philips meron din

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    thanks sir. would be nice if you could give the names of said shops.

electrical system problem, need help badly!